Getting a Grid Certificate
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for requesting a certificate at https://oim.grid.iu.edu/oim/certificaterequestuser
- For your Sponsor select "Gluex" from the pulldown list.
- In the Sponsor text box, give the name of the GlueX collaboration contact person for your group.
- You will get a request ID for tracking purposes.
- You should receive an email back from OSG-PKI within three working days informing you that your certificate is ready, and giving instructions for how to retrieve it.
- Install the new certificate into your favorite browser(s). It should be easy to figure out how to do this, and if not, plenty of help on this topic is available on the web for your particular browser.
- Navigate to the Gluex VOMS web service and fill out the form to register as a new Gluex user.
- Within one working day, the Gluex VOMS admin should respond to your request and grant you membership.
- Verify that your new certificate is fully authorized on the OSG as a member of the Gluex VO by trying the following command in the unix shell where you installed your certificate. You will be prompted to enter the password that you specified when you created the certificate.
voms-proxy-init -voms Gluex:/Gluex