Difference between revisions of "GlueX-Collaboration-May-2020"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Morning)
(Morning)
Line 144: Line 144:
 
** 11:00 - 11:30:  [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4487 Amplitude analysis of &pi;<sup>0</sup>&pi;<sup>0</sup>] (Annika)
 
** 11:00 - 11:30:  [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4487 Amplitude analysis of &pi;<sup>0</sup>&pi;<sup>0</sup>] (Annika)
 
** 11:30 - 12:00:  Overview of &eta;&pi; and &eta;'&pi; reconstruction and yields (Lawrence)
 
** 11:30 - 12:00:  Overview of &eta;&pi; and &eta;'&pi; reconstruction and yields (Lawrence)
** 12:00 - 12:30: [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=004493 b<sub>1</sub> cross section and &omega;&pi; amplitude analysis] (Foda)
+
** 12:00 - 12:30: [https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4493 b<sub>1</sub> cross section and &omega;&pi; amplitude analysis] (Foda)
  
 
==== Afternoon ====
 
==== Afternoon ====

Revision as of 10:33, 14 May 2020

GlueX Collaboration Meeting

May 11 to 15, 2020 Virtual Meeting Online

The May GlueX Collaboration Meeting will be held online.

Registration

Everyone participating in the collaboration meeting is required to register even though the meeting is virtual. Please visit the Registration Page. You are advised to use the meeting start and and end dates as the arrival and departure dates. There is no fee for this meeting.

To see who else will be attending either in person or via electronic media, please see the

Current List of Participants Page

Connecting

Join from computer or mobile: https://iu.zoom.us/j/93157147171

Meeting ID: 931 5714 7171

IU videoconferencing equipment: 26 931 5714 7171

Videoconferencing equipment outside of IU: SIP: 93157147171@zoomcrc.com

H.323:

  • 162.255.37.11 (US West)
  • 162.255.36.11 (US East)
  • 221.122.88.195 (China)
  • 69.174.57.160 (Canada)


Agenda

Please find a draft agenda below. We will plan to have plenary format meetings before lunch with smaller, informal meetings in the afternoon

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.


Monday, May 11

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.

Morning

Afternoon

  • 1:30: Collaboration Board Meeting (chair: Reinhard) [Zoom (link sent by email)]
  • 3:00: Tracking, DIRC and PID systematics discussion (discussion leader: Justin) [BlueJeans: 846453895]
    • PID systematic studies for SDMEs, cross sections, etc.
      • Followup on workfest action item: analysis launch with looser timing and PID cuts Proposed JANA configuration. Please check for completeness.
      • Can we select a single dataset for these studies?
    • Standardizing the approach for PID cuts
      • Timing Δt cuts are most commonly used; how well do data/MC resolutions match?
      • Several tools being developed: PIDFOM, Machine learning classifiers, etc. How do we converge?
    • Discussion of continued DIRC improvements (workfest action items)
  • 4:00: FCAL-II construction status and discussion (Sasha) [BlueJeans: 907185247]

Tuesday, May 12

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.

Morning

Afternoon

Wednesday, May 13

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.

Morning

Afternoon

Thursday, May 14

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.

Morning

Afternoon

  • 1:30: Additional analysis reports related to hybrid searches (Chair: Justin)
  • 4:00: Discussion concerning action items for amplitude analysis tool development (organizer: Alex)
    • 4:00 - 4:30: Polarized amplitudes in pyPWA (Carlos Salgado)

Friday, May 15

Note: All speakers should plan to use the last 5 minutes of their allocated time for questions and discussion.

Morning

  • 9:00 - 9:30: Update on J/ψ production vs. Eγ using both J/ψ decay modes (Lubomir)
  • Hyperons (Chair: Reinhard)
    • 9:30 - 10:00: Cascade production (Ashley)
    • 10:00 - 10:30: Production of baryon-antibaryon pairs (Hao)
    • 10:30 - 10:50: Radiative hyperon decays in γ p -> K+ Λ γ (Kevin)
  • Summary and Closeout
    • 11:00 - 11:20: Report from the Collaboration Board (Reinhard)
    • 11:20 - 11:50: Physics coordinator report and summary (Sean)
    • 11:50 - 12:20: Discussion of what we have learned, action items, and near term milestones
    • 12:20 - 12:30: Closeout

Encore!