GlueX Collaboration Meeting
September 9 and 10, 2010 at the University of Regina
The following template has been set up to allow people to identify what needs to be presented at the meeting. It has been roughly broken out by working group with suggestions for topics within each group. The working group chairs should work on adding the relevant talks with an estimated time (including questions) and the speaker's name. If there is a talk that does not fit into this template, please add it at the bottom.
Everyone participating in the collaboration meeting whether in person at Regina or remotely via electronic media are encouraged to register. Please visit the Registration Page.
To see who else will be attending either in person or via electronic media, please see the Current List of Participants Page
Transportation and Accommodations
- Airlines with connections to Regina (YQR) include Delta, United and Air Canada.
- Directions from Airport to Holiday Inn Express
- Directions from Airport to Days Inn Eastgate
- Directions from Days Inn to University
- University of Regina, in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Note: Regina is currently in CST, i.e. two hours behind EDT
- Campus Map: Media:UofRCampusMap.pdf
- Pay parkade is in Lot 8 (first Lot on the left as you enter University Drive South from Kramer Boulevard.
- The meeting will take place in the Administration and Humanities Building, AH527. Enter from the Ridell Centre (in front of Lot 8) and follow the interior path through the buildings to the AdHum building (see Campus Map above). Take the elevator to the 5th floor. The meeting room is the President's Board Room, and its entrance faces the President's Office.
- ESNET: 8542553
- EVO: Room Booked under GlueX, entitled GlueX Collaboration Meeting
- Telephone: EVO telephone bridge -- see Remote Access Instructions for Collaboration Meeting, January 28-30, 2010 for detailed instructions for connecting to EVO.
Talks on the DocDB
|The DocDB talk-upload template for the May 2009 Collaboration Meeting can be found here:
Upload your talks at the link above and then edit the agenda below to enter the appropriate link to your talk based on its DocDB document number.
Example (from the May 2008 meeting):
Please note that all times are local time in Regina.
Thursday September 9, 2010
- 8:00 Session Ia (75) --- Opening Session - Chair: Matt Shepherd
- 8:00 (10) --- Welcome to Regina - Zisis Papandreou
- 8:10 (15) --- Welcome to the GlueX Meeting - Curtis Meyer
- 8:25 (25) --- Project Status - Eugene Chudakov
- 8:50 (25) --- MOUs and Contracts - Elton Smith
- 9:15 Session Ib (125) --- Calorimetry - (Organizer: Z. Papandreou) Chair: Paul Eugenio
- 9:15 (25) --- Bcal Construction - Zisis Papandreou
- 9:40 (25) --- Cosmicray tests and light output --- Andrei Semenov
- 10:05 (25) --- Fcal Construction - Matt Shepherd
- 10:30 (25) Coffee
- 10:55 (25) --- Test Setup at USM --- Alam Toro
- 11:20 (25) --- SiPM Update - Yi Qiang
- 11:45 Session Ic (50) --- Engineering and Magnet - (Organizer: Tim Whitlatch) Chair: Eugene Chudakov
- 11:45 (25) --- Solenoid update - George Biallas
- 12:10 (25) --- Engineering update - Tim Whitlatch
- 12:35 (85) Lunch
- 14:00 Session IIa (110) --- Beamline and Tagger (Organizer: Richard Jones) Chair: Andrei Semenov
- 14:00 (30) --- Pair Spectrometer Design Optimizaton - Alex Somov
- 14:30 (25) --- Tagger Hall Background Simulation Status Report - Alex Somov
- 14:55 (30) --- Diamond Radiator Development - Richard Jones
- 15:25 (25) --- Tagger Hodoscopes Prototype Tests - Richard Jones
- 15:50 (25) Coffee
- 16:15 Session Ic (50) --- TOF and PID - (Organizer: P. Eugenio) Chair: Elton Smith
- 16:15 (25) -- START Update - Werner Boeglin
- 16:40 (25) --- TOF Update - Paul Eugenio
- 17:05 Session IIc (90) --- Collaboration Board Meeting
- 17:05 (90) --- Collaboration Board Meeting - Chair: Zisis Papandreou.
Friday September 10, 2010
- 8:00 Session IIIa (110) --- Electronics/Trigger/DAQ/Monitoring/Controls- (Organizer: E. Wolin) Chair: Richard Jones
- 8:00 (30) --- Electronics update - Fernando Barbosa
- 8:30 (30) --- Trigger update - Chris Cuevas
- 9:00 (30) --- DAQ update - Dave Abbott
- 9:30 (30) --- Monitoring/Controls/Coil Test update - Elliott Wolin ---
- 10:00 Session IIIb (75) --- Tracking (Organizer: Curtis Meyer) Chair: Lubomir Pentchev
- 10:00 (20) --- Update on the CDC (Curtis)
- 10:20 (30) Coffee
- 10:50 (20) --- Update on the FDC (Lubimer)
- 11:10 (20) --- Update on the FDC (Beni)
- 11:30 Session IIIc (60) --- Offline Software (Organizer: Mark Ito) Chair: Elton Smith
- 11:30 (20) --- The Event Display - Elliott Wolin
- 11:50 (20) --- Speeding up tracking - Simon Taylor
- 12:10 (20) --- Summary- Mark Ito
- 12:30 Lunch (90)
- 14:00 Session IVa (100) --- Physics (Organizer: Ryan Mitchel) Chair: Curtis Meyer
- 14:00 (40) --- Modeling the Hybrid Spectrum - Jo Dudek
- 14:40 (30) --- Simulations of gamma p --> pi+ pi+ pi- n - Jake Bennett
- 15:10 (30) --- Status of Amplitude Analysis Software at IU - Ryan Mitchell
- 15:40 Coffee (30)
- 16:10 Session IVb (100) --- Business Meeting (Organizer: Curtis Meyer) Chair: George Lolos
- 16:10 (30) --- Report from the Collaboration Board - Zisis Papandreou.
- 16:40 (20) --- Upcoming and planned beam tests - Curtis Meyer
- 17:00 (30) --- Discussion on Calorimeter Decisions - Matt Shepherd
- 17:30 (20) --- Business discussion - Curtis Meyer
- 17:50 Adjourn
- 19:30 --- Collaboration Dinner: Greko's Restaurant;
- Directions from the University.
- Directions from Days Inn.
- Directions from Holiday Inn Express. Note that Greko's is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Express.
Saturday September 11, 2010
- Departure from Regina