GlueX Collaboration Meeting
September 9 and 10, 2010 at the University of Regina
The following template has been set up to allow people to identify what needs to be presented at the meeting. It has been roughly broken out by working group with suggestions for topics within each group. The working group chairs should work on adding the relevant talks with an estimated time (including questions) and the speaker's name. If there is a talk that does not fit into this template, please add it at the bottom.
Everyone participating in the collaboration meeting whether in person at Regina or remotely via electronic media are encouraged to register. Please visit the Registration Page.
To see who else will be attending either in person or via electronic media, please see the Current List of Participants Page
Transportation and Accommodations
- Airlines with connections to Regina (YQR) include Delta, United and Air Canada.
- Directions from Airport to Holiday Inn Express
- Directions from Airport to Days Inn Eastgate
- Directions from Days Inn to University
- University of Regina, in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Note: Regina is currently in CST, i.e. two hours behind EDT
- Campus Map: Media:UofRCampusMap.pdf
- Pay parkade is in Lot 8 (first Lot on the left as you enter University Drive South from Kramer Boulevard.
- The meeting will take place in the Administration and Humanities Building, AH527. Enter from the Ridell Centre (in front of Lot 8) and follow the interior path through the buildings to the AdHum building (see Campus Map above). Take the elevator to the 5th floor. The meeting room is the President's Board Room, and its entrance faces the President's Office.
- ESNET: 8542553
- EVO: Room Booked under GlueX, entitled GlueX Collaboration Meeting
- Telephone: EVO telephone bridge -- see Remote Access Instructions for Collaboration Meeting, January 28-30, 2010 for detailed instructions for connecting to EVO.
Talks on the DocDB
|Click the word AGENDA below to go to the DocDB talk-upload template for our collaboration meeting.
Upload your talks there and then edit the Wiki agenda below to enter the appropriate link to your talk based on its DocDB document number.
Example (from the May 2008 meeting):
Click 'edit' at the top right of this section to see the format.
Please note that all times are local time in Regina.
Thursday September 9, 2010
- 08:00 Session Ia (75) --- Opening Session - Chair: Matt Shepherd
- 08:00 (10) --- Welcome to Regina - Zisis Papandreou
- 08:10 (15) --- Welcome to the GlueX Meeting - Curtis Meyer
- 08:25 (25) --- Project Status - Eugene Chudakov
- 08:50 (25) --- MOUs and Contracts - Elton Smith
- 09:15 --- Welcome to UofR - Dr. Kelln, VPA and Dean FGSR
- 09:15 Session Ib (125) --- Calorimetry - (Organizer: Z. Papandreou) Chair: Paul Eugenio
- 10:30 (25) Coffee
- 10:55 (25) --- Test Setup at USM - Alam Toro
- 11:20 (25) --- SiPM Update - Yi Qiang
- 11:45 Session Ic (50) --- Engineering and Magnet - (Organizer: Tim Whitlatch) Chair: Eugene Chudakov
- 11:45 (25) --- Solenoid update - George Biallas
- 12:10 (25) --- Engineering update - Tim Whitlatch
- 12:35 (85) Lunch
- 14:00 Session IIa (110) --- Beamline and Tagger (Organizer: Richard Jones) Chair: Andrei Semenov
- 14:00 (30) --- Pair Spectrometer Design Optimizaton - Alex Somov
- 14:30 (25) --- Tagger Hall Background Simulation Status Report - Alex Somov
- 14:55 (30) --- Diamond Radiator Development - Richard Jones
- 15:25 (25) --- Tagger Hodoscopes Prototype Tests - Richard Jones
- 15:50 (25) Coffee
- 16:15 Session IIb (50) --- TOF and PID - (Organizer: P. Eugenio) Chair: Elton Smith
- 16:15 (25) -- START Update - Werner Boeglin
- 16:40 (25) --- TOF Update - Paul Eugenio
- 17:05 Session IIc (90) --- Collaboration Board Meeting
- 17:05 (90) --- Collaboration Board Meeting - Chair: Zisis Papandreou
Friday September 10, 2010
- 08:00 Session IIIa (110) --- Electronics/Trigger/DAQ/Monitoring/Controls - (Organizer: E. Wolin) Chair: Richard Jones
- 08:00 (30) --- Electronics update - Fernando Barbosa
- 08:30 (30) --- Trigger update - Chris Cuevas
- 09:00 (30) --- DAQ update - Dave Abbott
- 09:30 (30) --- Monitoring/Controls/Coil Test update - Elliott Wolin ---
- 10:00 Session IIIb (75) --- Tracking (Organizer: Curtis Meyer) Chair: Lubomir Pentchev
- 10:00 (20) --- Update on the CDC (Curtis)
- 10:20 (30) Coffee
- 10:50 (20) --- FDC update (Lubomir)
- 11:10 (20) --- FDC prototype tests (Beni)
- 11:30 Session IIIc (60) --- Offline Software (Organizer: Mark Ito) Chair: Elton Smith
- 11:30 (20) --- Summary- Mark Ito
- 11:50 (20) --- Speeding up tracking - Simon Taylor
- 12:10 (20) --- Tour of the BCAL Construction anf Fibre QA facilities
- 12:30 Lunch (90)
- 14:00 Session IVa (100) --- Physics (Organizer: Ryan Mitchel) Chair: Curtis Meyer
- 14:00 (40) --- Modeling the Hybrid Spectrum - Jo Dudek
- 14:40 (30) --- Simulations of gamma p --> pi+ pi+ pi- n - Jake Bennett
- 15:10 (30) --- Status of Amplitude Analysis Software at IU - Ryan Mitchell
- 15:40 Coffee (30)
- 16:10 Session IVb (100) --- Business Meeting (Organizer: Curtis Meyer) Chair: George Lolos
- 16:10 (30) --- Report from the Collaboration Board - Zisis Papandreou
- 16:40 (20) --- Upcoming and planned beam tests - Curtis Meyer
- 17:00 (30) --- Discussion on Calorimeter Decisions - Matt Shepherd
- 17:30 (20) --- Business discussion - Curtis Meyer
- 17:50 Adjourn
- 19:30 --- Collaboration Dinner: Greko's Restaurant
Saturday September 11, 2010
- Departure from Regina