GlueX Analysis Workfest 2018
- To discuss analysis tools, techniques, and results required for amplitude analyses and absolute cross section measurements.
- To actively work in groups on solving these problems, with well defined deliverables to come from the Workfest.
Some of the proposed tasks which have been discussed are given here. Not all will be covered during the Workfest, but those that are should be associated with deliverables to be addressed as a result of the Workfest activities:
- Determining track and shower efficiency from data and comparison to MC: investigating dependence on rate, kinematic variables (p, θ, φ), etc.
- Providing tools needed to implement accidental subtraction and flux normalization at all stages of the analysis: validation of uncertainties and statistical tests
- Tuning the covariance matrix for agreement between data and MC in kinematic fits: comparison on kinematic fit χ2 for select reactions between data and MC
Location and Time
The "Workfest" will take place at:
DATES: May 15 - 17, 2018
LOCATION: CEBAF Center F326
Please add your name to the list of attendees below and indicate which task(s) you're interested in contributing to. No formal registration or registration fee is required.
Remote participation will be possible, but the intention is to have a group of people actively working together at JLab. Thus remote participation will not be optimal.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Agenda: Tuesday May 15, 2018
Agenda: Wednesday May 16, 2018
Agenda: Thursday May 17, 2018
List of Attendees
Please fill in the table with your information, including the task(s) you're interested in contributing to.
|Name||Participate at JLab (Yes/No)||Task you're interested in contributing to|
|Yes | Track/shower efficiency and accid. subtraction/flux normalization ||