GlueX Data Challenge Meeting, February 7, 2014
GlueX Data Challenge Meeting
Friday, February 7, 2014
11:00 pm, EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/7
ReadyTalk: (866)740-1260, access code: 1833622
ReadyTalk desktop: http://esnet.readytalk.com/ , access code: 1833622
- Agreed upon parameters.
- Nominal goal is 10 billion events.
- Phythia/BGGEN events from 7.0GeV to the endpoint.
- Normal run will be in REST format.
- Specialized block (at JLab) that retains HDGEANT output (for tape tests)?
- Target distribution to be nominal LH2 as handled by HDGEANT.
- srm servers at UCONN and NWU will receive grid events?
- Jlab events will be written at JLAB.
- CMU events will be written at CMU.
- Status of Preparations
- Update on phi=0 geometry issues in CDC? Simon/Richard
- Random number seeds procedure? Mark/Anyone
- Electromagnetic Backgrounds update. Kei, Paul
- Check on event genealogy. Kei
- JLab CC is ready, what do we need to tell them. Mark
- Preparations of standard distribution/scripts Mark/Richard/Sean
- Report on data management practices - slides
- 100-job tests at various sites. Jlab/Grid/CMU,NWU, ....
- Open Stack Overview
- Proposed Schedule
- Launch of Data Challenge Thursday Feb.27, 2014 (est.).
- Test jobs going successfully by Tuesday February 25.
- Distribution ready by Monday February 24.