GlueX Data Challenge Meeting, November 5, 2012
GlueX Data Challenge Meeting
Monday, November 5, 2012
1:30 pm, EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- Minutes from last time
- Setting conditions for DC-1
- JLab Farm Mini-Challenge Status
- Grid status
- CMU status
- New action items
To connect from the outside:
- Call ESNET Number 8542553 (this is the preferred connection method).
- Phone: (should not be needed)
- +1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada
- +1-303-248-0285 : International
- then use participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone)
- or www.readytalk.com
- then type access code 3421244 into "join a meeting" (you need java plugin)
- CMU: Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- FSU: Nathan Sparks
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Dmitry Romanov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Alex Barnes
Minutes from last time
We went over the minutes from October 22. No new discussion items were generated.
Setting conditions for DC 1
Conditions in Subversion repository
We reviewed the system that Mark proposed in his email of October 26. The associated web-page specifies versions, command arguments, and has links to configuration files. The files themselves can be obtained via Subversion directly.
Status of the tagged release for DC 1
Mark detailed the difficulties he has been having creating a tagged release that satisfies all of our requirements. The next thing to try is a version of Jana 0.6.5 linked with an older version of Xerces-c (version 2.x).
JLab Farm Mini-Challenge Status
Mark summarized the state of the CentOS 6 farm nodes over the past couple of weeks. Very little progress has been made with mini-challenges due to limited availability.