GlueX Offline Meeting, August 21, 2018
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Communication Information
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 Announcements
- 3.2 Review of minutes from the August 7 meeting
- 3.3 Review of Notes from the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 14
- 3.4 NERSC Update
- 3.5 Enhanced script for private builds: my_halld_build_jlab
- 3.6 Review of recent pull requests
- 3.7 Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
- New version set: version_recon-2017_01-ver03_1_jlab.xml
- HDGeant4 1.9.0 released
- Status of Recon Launch (Alex A.)
- Review of minutes from the August 7 meeting (all)
- Review of the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 14
- NERSC Update (David)
- Enhanced script for private builds: my_halld_build_jlab (Mark)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2018 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2018/ .
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Sandy Philpott, Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- MIT: Cris Fanelli
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- New version set: version_recon-2017_01-ver03_1_jlab.xml. Has the latest fix to forward tracking in HDGeant.
- HDGeant4 1.9.0 released. Has the latest fix to forward tracking in HDGeant4.
- Status of Recon Launch
- Alex reports that all of 2016 is done and 2017 is 45% done.
- The farm is at half strength because of work to replace a bad communication board a PDU (power distribution unit[?])
Review of minutes from the August 7 meeting
We looked at the minutes. Mark reported that a procedure for recovering tagged versions of sim-recon and deploying them in the split repositories has been developed.
Review of Notes from the HDGeant4 Meeting on August 14
We went over the notes. Thomas reviewed the major points.
David reported that the next project at NERSC, a monitoring run on the Spring 2018 data got underway today. We are interested in how many jobs we can get running simultaneously. He will be running 10 files per run this time. Merging of the results will be done after the files are brought back to the lab. This is version 17 in the line of monitoring launches.
Enhanced script for private builds: my_halld_build_jlab
Mark described a new version of the script to build private versions of Hall D software. The script formerly known as my_sim-recon_jlab.sh is now my_halld_build_jlab. There are new user options, among them the ability to build only a selected set of packages. See the documentation on the build_scripts wiki for details and examples.
Review of recent pull requests
We went over the list.
- Fix event order dependence #8. "Fixes the issue Lubomir observed in his J/Psi analysis where values depended on the order in which individual event files were given on the command line." Lubomir Pentchev should test this one.
- Warn if JANA_CALIB_CONTEXT not set #9. "This was requested by Thomas since you will almost always want to have this set when processing MC data."