GlueX Offline Meeting, January 12, 2010

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 14:16, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Location

The meeting will be at 2:00 pm in CEBAF Center F326/7

Telephone

To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
    • 800-377-8846 : US
    • 888-276-7715 : Canada
    • 302-709-8424 : International
  2. enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")

Video Conferencing

A) ESNet: 8542553
B) EVO: direct meeting link

Slides

Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2010-01 on the JLab CUE (you have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group). This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2010-01/ .

Agenda

  1. Review minutes from last meeting: all
  2. Announcements
    1. New wiki pages
  3. Offline talks at collaboration meeting: all
  4. New JANA version (PDF): David
  5. Action item review: all

Minutes

JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Lubomir Pentchev, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann, Sascha Somov
IU: Ryan Mitchell, Matt Shepherd

Review of minutes from last meeting

We reviewed the minutes.

  • The Mac-Mini that David ordered has arrived. He is setting it up now.
  • Mark has expanded the quick-start-software-build wiki page to include an example of running the Monte Carlo and reconstructing the resulting events. Also instructions for building additional packages such as Xerces-C and ROOT have been added.

Announcements

  • There is a new wiki page that describes the system for doing the nightly builds of GlueX software.
  • There is also another new wiki page that describes the "gluex" account on the JLab CUE, intended for shared use by the Collaboration.

Offline talks at the upcoming collaboration meeting

Mark flashed the current agenda for the offline session. There is also the possibility that Richard will present something on OSG.

New JANA version

David presented new features present in JANA 0.6. His topics:

  • JStreamLog and JStreamLogBuffer
  • JCalibraIon now has PutCalib() method
  • jcalibcopy utility
  • GetMultiple() method added to JGeometry
  • Add log function to JObject
  • janaroot plugin honors WRITEOUT configuration parameter 
  • Monitoring and Control with janactl 
  • Other misc.

Random Notes

  • David reported that there is a problem with the check on environment on Mac. Mark will talk to David and get it fixed.
  • Sascha mentioned that the standard makefile has graphical libraries missing for hdgeant++, defeating some 3D features. Beni has documented the method for finessing this in the past. We will try to make that method the standard one.
  • Sascha wondered why we need to generate an intermediate file between hdgeant and mcsmear. Beni pointed out that this could be solved by using a named pipe. We will try to document that procedure.

New Action Items

  • Fix problem with the check on environment on Mac. -> Mark
  • Fix the hdgeant++ in the make scheme. -> Mark
  • Document use of named pipes between hdgeant and mcsmear. -> Beni

recorded by Mark Ito