GlueX Offline Meeting, January 26, 2011

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 15:01, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")

Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
1:30 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/7

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
  3. Solenoid text file conversion approach: Mark
  4. Examination of the reconstruction algorithm as inherited from KLOE: Zisis
  5. Tracking Issues: Kei
  6. Action Item Review: all
    1. Resolved issues
    2. Outstanding issues
    • To view these links, login first. Anonymous login is available.
  7. Review of recent repository activity: all

Communication Information

Telephone

To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
  2. enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#

Video Conferencing

Slides

Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2011-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-1Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.

Minutes

Present:

  • IU: Jake Bennett, Mihajlo Kornicer, Ryan Mitchell, Kei Moriya
  • JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Yi Qiang, Dmitry Romanov, Elton Smith, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann

Announcements

The agenda for the offline session at the collaboration meeting is set. See the collaboration meeting page for the line-up.

Review of Minutes from Last Meeting

We reviewed the minutes of the January 12 meeting.

  • Beni told us that the changes we discussed last to separate TOF MC data and measured data are done and have been checked in. He will give a follow-up talk at a future meeting.
  • Beni has started modifying mcsmear and the reconstruction to collect parameters for the TOF into one place and obtain them from the database rather that have them hard-wired in various places in the code.
  • Dave reported that Graham Heyes has looked in the Purify license we had at the lab. It seems to have long since expired.

Solenoid text file conversion approach

Mark raised the question of whether we want to treat magnetic field maps as standard entries in the calibration database. The issue is that the various versions of the maps are not strictly calibration constants; the user can generally use any map he or she wants. After a little discussion, we decided to leave well enough alone and retain the maps in the database.

Examination of the reconstruction algorithm as inherited from KLOE

Mark mentioned that he had seen this phrase in the minutes of one of the calorimeter meetings (attributed to Zisis) and he wondered if this was an issue the offline group should be tracking or discussing or hearing about. Ryan commented that Dan Bennett and Matt Shepherd had made improvements to the code, but there are still some mysteries in the code that someone in the collaboration should figure out. Elton mentioned that Regina was starting to look at maintaining the BCAL code. David will check with Regina folks on the status of the effort.

Tracking Issues

Kei gave us an update on the problems he presented at the last meeting. He recently updated his copy of sim-recon and repeated many of his studies with the new code base. One major change between the two versions compared is the substitution of the Kalman filter fitter for the ALT1 fitter. Some of his problems disappeared, some remain. See his slides for details.

Elton asked about the peak at zero in the chi-squared probability for individual charged tracks that has been observed in the past. Simon remarked that some of that may have been due to decays-in-flight or large single scatters. He continues to study the problem.

Action Item Review

We looked at recently-resolved and still-outstanding issues in the Offline Bug Tracker

New Action Items

  1. Ask people at Regina about the status of the BCAL reconstruction code. -> David
  2. Schedule a discussion of parameters for code resident in the calibration database. -> Mark