GlueX Offline Meeting, June 27, 2012

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 16:04, 24 February 2017 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/private" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-private")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327

Agenda

  1. Announcements
    1. Geant4 Tutorial, July 9-13, 2012
    2. Xerces-c 3.x and sim-recon: David
    3. Scientific Computing Satisfaction Survey sponsored by the Users' Group
  2. Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
  3. Reconstruction sub-group reports
    1. Calorimeters File:Photon reconstruction jun 27 2012.pdf (Will)
    2. Tracking
    3. PID
  4. DST format: Richard
  5. Planning for the next Data Challenge: Curtis
  6. Action Item Review
  7. Review of recent repository activity: all

Communication Information

Video Conferencing

Slides

Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2012-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2012-2Q/ .

Minutes

Present:

  • CMU: Will Levine, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
  • IU: Ryan Mitchell, Matt Shepherd
  • JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann
  • UConn: Richard Jones, Igor Senderovich

Announcements

  • The Geant4 Tutorial is coming up, July 9-13.
  • David has fixed HDDS and HDDM so that they work with Xerces-c 3.x. See his email message for details.
  • The JLab Users Group will conduct a survey all users on their use and experience with scientific computing at the lab. This should happen in a few weeks.

Review of minutes from the last meeting

We reviewed the minutes from the June 13th meeting.

  • We discussed profiling our reconstruction code.
    • We will try to do this for every tagged release.
    • Tentatively we will try to use oprofile. Richard, David, and Mark will meet to discuss implementation.

DST Format

Richard presented an HDDM template describing our current choice for a DST format. We went through it line by line and some suggestions were offered. Richard will consult with Paul and implement the changes. It was agreed that this was a very good start.

Planning for the Next Data Challenge

Curtis started the discussion on the next data challenge. A request was made to send ideas to Curtis on what we hope to do with this and he would compile it into a document. The preliminary draft of this document can be found in DocDb as GlueX-doc-2031.

Calorimeter Sub-Group Report

Will explained some difficulties with the current scheme for determining the vertex position for photons. See his talk for details. After some discussion we adopted Matt's suggestion that the initial reconstruction should use the center of the target as a provisional source for photons with the recognition that at a later stage a more sophisticated vertex will have to be determined. This approach has the advantage that it decouples photon reconstruction from that of charged tracks at this initial stage.

New Action Items

  1. Implement profiling on tagged releases. -> Richard, David, Mark
  2. Distributed a revised HDDM template for the DST -> Richard, Paul