GlueX Offline Meeting, May 16, 2012
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Communication Information
- 3 Minutes
- Group disk quota increased, halld
- Request submitted to IT for mirror mysql server
- Review of minutes from the last meeting: all
- Collaboration meeting agenda
- Reconstruction sub-group reports
- Start Counter geometry changes: Simon
- Offline Software Review Planning
- Action Item Review
- Review of recent repository activity: all
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=e9eIeivev8aMaMIvaaI9
- Phone Bridge ID: 13 0949
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2012-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2012-2Q/ .
- CMU: Will Levine, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- IU: Matt Shepherd,
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Simon Taylor, Elliott Wolin, Beni Zihlmann
- The halld group disk almost ran out of space yesterday. Some clean-up was done and the quota was increased from 105 GB to 125 GB. David asked about the cost of this form of disk storage. No one present could answer so he will look into it.
- A formal request for a new MySQL server has been submitted to JLab IT. The new server will mirror the calibration database and will allow read-only connections from off the JLab site. Agreement for such a configuration was agreed to some months ago.
- There will be a special session for upgrades at the Collaboration Meeting next week. Richard will present his work on Geant4 in that session.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We reviewed the minutes from the ??? meeting.
- On simulating sampling fluctuations in the BCAL, David reported that Elton Smith has summarized the discussion held when Andrei and Irina Semonov(a) were here. Work on this is planned for the summer.
Collaboration Meeting Agenda
The current schedule for the offline session:
Tuesday May 22, 2012 11:30 Session IIIc (75) --- Offline - Chair: R. Jones 11:30 (25) --- Overview - Mark Ito 11:55 (25) --- Tracking Update - Simon Taylor 12:20 (25) --- Calorimetry - Will Levine
Reconstruction sub-group reports
Will gave a report on photon reconstruction in b1pi events. See his wiki page for details. He showed reconstruction studies for the BCAL and the FCAL for two cases:
- Standard full event reconstruction of b1pi events
- Individual photons and charged particles were selected kinematically from the b1pi generated events, but were simulated one photon (or pion, or proton) at a time.
In the full event sample, reconstructed "photons" has a contamination from pions at low energy, as seen by comparing to the distribution from one-at-a-time pions. He also showed distributions of other cluster properties that might help distinguish between charged particles and photons.
Tracking Code Improvements
Simon mentioned two"
- There was a low momentum cut-off for protons at 350 MeV/c that he noticed whil working the the rare eta decay proposal. This has improved due to recent changes.
low momentum protons, rare eta 350 MeV/c cut-ff seen improved
- He has been working on the track recovery code, code that addresses kinks and other "broken" tracks. The chi-squared distributions are improving.
Spiral Track Update
Paul showed recent improvements in reconstruction efficiency for the 90 degree pions at 1.1, 1.5, and 2.1 GeV/c. See his wiki page for details. He also showed distributions of the difference between thrown and reconstructed track parameters for track candidates and for time-based tracks. He also showed these plots for 60-degree pions.
He is testing ideas to improve this area of phase space. Recent changes from Simon in hit pruning my help.
Paul will be working on PID studies related to a new Cerenkov counter after the collaboration meeting.
Start Counter Geometry Changes
target vessel dimensions have also changed lowest angle for start counter about 3 degrees
hdds version needed new release needed nightly seems ok
have a look at slides: david
written material needs to be put together: curtis