GlueX Offline Software
The legacy version of this page is here.
- 1 General Information
- 2 Software Documentation
- 3 Data Sets
- 4 Offline Data Monitoring
- 5 Computing Facilities
- 6 Software Management
- 7 Meetings and Reviews
- 8 Communication and Help
- 9 Legacy Links
- 10 Uncategorized Links
A Version Management System for GlueX describes a standard directory structure for GlueX software, how to create complete or partial builds, and how to specify versions of individual packages, both for building and for use. It is also available as GlueX Note 2793.
See below for other helpful links.
Shell Environment Set-Up
Building GlueX Software
- Scripts for Installing GlueX Software: Do a complete build of all standard components of GlueX software or add new versions to an existing build tree.
- hdpm - Hall D Package Manager: A package manager for Hall-D software, which provides an alternative method for installing GlueX software.
- Legacy Build Instructions: Guides to various aspects of the build process. Up-to-date-ness may vary.
- Building private versions of GlueX software
Documentation for software systems closely related to GlueX.
- HDDS: Detector geometry specification
- HDDS Schema: Includes description of the HDDS mark-up language.
- Geometry Specification for Hall D: General Description and Philosophy, September 2003
- Detector Models for GlueX Monte Carlo Simulation: A Status Report, June 2006
- Detector Models for GlueX Monte Carlo Simulation: the CD2 Baseline, January 2007
- HDDS Tagged Releases
- HDDM: The Hall D Data Model, a compact xml-based format for event-based data.
- EVIO: The CODA event format.
- CCDB: Calibration Database
- RCDB: Run Conditions Database
- AmpTools: Amplitude analysis package (aka partial wave analysis)
- EventStore: a package for managing and deploying data files and event lists
- HDGeant4: Geant4-based simulation of the GlueX Detector and Hall D beamline
- Offline HOWTO List: Guides to performing various specific tasks.
- Beam Simulations: Geant simulations of the Hall D Tagger Hall
- Sensitivity to Magnetic Field Strength
Documentation for External Software Packages
Documentation on additional software packages used by GlueX. Development and maintenance of these are not directly related to GlueX.
- Simulations: a guide to simulated data sets.
Offline Data Monitoring
- Data_Monitoring_Procedures: Information on offline monitoring of recently-taken data
- Computer Center
- Scientific Computing
- Disk space usage
- GlueX-related shared accounts on the JLab CUE
- Hall D MySQL/MariaDB Servers and Replication Relationship: a list of database servers
Other Computing Resources
- Computer Farms: Clusters at GlueX-collaborating institutions.
Source Code Management
Testing and Debugging
- Automatic Builds of GlueX Software: nightly build, pull-request-initiated test build, scan-build
- Automatic Tests of GlueX Software
- Diagnosing segmentation faults in reconstruction software
Governance, Conventions, Standard Practices
- Offline Issue Tracking using GitHub Issue Tracking
- Offline Issue Tracking using the Mantis Bug Tracker
- GlueX Coding Standards
- Version Management
- GlueX Cron Jobs
- Data Challenges: Large-scale tests of computing infrastructure
- Data Management Plan for Hall D: Long-term preservation of data and data-analysis tools
- JLab Offline Computing Plan, FY2010
- Role of the Software Coordinator
Meetings and Reviews
- GlueX Offline Software Meetings: Agendas and minutes
- Software Review 3 JLab, February 10-11, 2015
- Software Review (JLab November 25-26, 2013)
- Follow-up to the Software Review
- Software Review (JLab June 2012)
Communication and Help
- Google Group for GlueX Software
- GlueX Software Help Email List: Ask a question!
- Offline Software Email List: announcements and discussion
- Simple Email Lists: get notifications from automated tests
- Communication Instructions: Guides to communication systems used by GlueX
- Offline Computing Project Management
- Versioning of Calibration Constants
- Releases of GlueX Software
- Reconstruction Tasks and Topics for Further Development
- Running jobs on the grid
- Calibration Constants, Tagged Versions
- Offline Software Topics
- Offline Projects
- Material on Splitoffs
- GlueX Communications More on ESNET,EVO ...
- Private:Using VNC
- 2013 Software Review
- 2012 Software Review
- IT in the 12-GeV Era: close-out slides
- Geometries for 2008 DC Review
- Tracking resolution estimator (REZEST)
- Installing HDDS-to-GEANT4 converter
- Duties of the GlueX Software Coordinator
- Action Items
- Action Items Archive
- Hall D and JLab Servers: Web servers, database servers, etc.