GlueX TOF Meeting, April 24, 2019
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Upgrade Plan
- NIM Paper (Paul)
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Ashley Ernst, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from April 10. No significant comments.
- Four bars of acrylic (2 of 4 feet in length, 2 of 6 feet) have been purchased and delivered to FSU. The manufacturer is not planning a run until the end of May. Paul is looking for another source for the balance.
- Mark has to go back through his email and order a milling bit for FSU.
- The costs for the upgrade will be charged to Hall D operations.
- Beni went down to the Hall and assessed availability of electronic channels:
- Splitters: in the four boxes, there are a total of 13 empty channels. We need to make more.
- ADC: 16 available channels
- TDC: 16 channels minus one for the RF. We need another TDC. Spares are tight.
- Discriminator: there is a open one, save for 1 or 2 channels.
- Production has started at FSU on the light guides. A few lefties are done. They are starting on some righties.
- Paul has found fund to support Ian Winger as an engineer on this project.
The NIM paper is on hold while we do construction and installation.