GlueX TOF Meeting, August 11, 2015
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/327
- Review of minutes from July 28
- Calibration Status FSU
- Calibration Status JLab
- Trip Report (Brad)
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FSU: Hussein Al Ghoul, Brad Cannon, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from July 28
We looked at the minutes.
Beni reported that everything is on in the Hall now for the TOF. Two weeks ago he did find the HV crate turned off.
Calibration Trip Report
Brad visited JLab for two weeks and worked on learning Beni's calibration system.
- Week 1. He spent the time looking at Beni's code, step-by-step. The commands to run the calibration are very simple.
- Week 2. He worked on understanding multi-threading and how to do batch farm submission. He has been asking Beni, Justin Stevens, and Paul Mattione for guidance.
The current task is to get batch submission going. He is going to look at Kei Moriya's recently announced procedures for using SWIF in the Hall D context.
Beni has done some additional tests on the effect of the angle of incidence of track on energy deposition. He finds that the angles are so small, less than 15 degrees, that they make very little difference and can be ignored in the initial calibration at least. As expected, when he matches TOF hits to tracks, the low energy noise just above threshold largely disappears leaving only hits from corner clippers. Work continues.
- Batch farm submission of calibration jobs.
- Further work on ADC calibration.
- Install Bryan Moffit's library into the online system as a first step in doing the time bin size calibration.