GlueX TOF Meeting, March 27, 2014
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Thursday, March 27, 2014
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/7
- Review of meeting on March 13
- Installation Update
- BlueJeans next time?
- ESNet: 8542554 non-standard number
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb1/html/talks/2014-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb1.jlab.org/talks/2014-1Q/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Hussein Al Ghoul, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch
Hussein posted the photo above showing recent progress on the TOF in the Hall. He described the work.
- All shield holders have been installed.
- All of the upper collars (steel magnetic shields) have been installed. The bottom ones on the far side (in the picture) are next to be done.
- DMD, a flexible polyester cloth, is being inserted in the space between the mu-metal shields and the steel shields to insulate them from each other.
- Hardware for the weldments have been delivered and attached to the TOF frame.
- All of the counters were tested for light leaks; none were found.
- The cross bars, to add strength during lifting, will be attached today or tomorrow.
THESE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN TODAY (April 2, 2014)
Checking the TOF fits on the mounting structure.
The TOF was positioned for surveying.
We discussed plans for survey. We would like to have an idea of there each counter is in absolute Hall coordinates to about a millimeter or so. There have been several informal discussions in the Hall on how to do this. The plan is to survey the assembly once it is mounted on the FCAL frame. There is a possible difficulty in that line-of-sight to the side facing the FCAL might be a bit limited. Tim will talk to the Survey guys and form a detailed plan.
Discussions have been going on among Tim, Hussein, Tom Carstens, Nick Sandoval, and Fernando Barbosa on cable routes and needed cable trays. Cables will be routed below the TOF, not from on top. The goal is to be able to move the TOF on its rails while cabled up.
Paul encouraged us to make sure that the cables do not add unreasonable mechanical stress on the phototubes.
We need to develop plans on the procedure for post-installation commissioning.
- energizing HV
- looking at signals
- bringing up the electronics
- cosmic trigger plan
Sasha, Beni, and Mark will try to write something down.
We will try it for the next meeting.
Paul asked Mark to look into whether we could get Public Affairs at the Lab to help spread the news about the TOF.
- Make a detailed survey plan: Tim et al.
- Make a commissioning plan: Sasha, Mark, Beni
- Talk to JLab Public Affairs: Mark