HDGeant4 Meeting, June 18, 2019
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Dalton, Sean Dobbs, Hovanes Egiyan, Stuart Fegan, Mark Ito (chair), Justin Stevens, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Richard Jones
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from June 4. Thomas reported that the test of the JLab-resident XROOTD server was done by forcing use of scosg16 in the jobs. Usually JLab is the fall back for streaming random trigger files. The first choice is UConn.
Issues on GitHub
We went over the list of issues.
- Overall BCAL energy shift? #113.
- Richard noted that there is a fudge factor of 1.015 applied to energies from HDG4, HDG3 has no factor. This was introduced to allow HDG3 based calibrations to be used without modification.
- Mark D. will re-do his study with a recent version of the software.
- Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4 #111 Thomas will re-raise the issue with Colin Gleason.
- Segfault #110. The crash comes in G4Navigator::ComputeStep. We decided to close this one for now; it only happened once.
- G4Exception crash after Curve length mis-match #109. Naomi reports that this error occurs all of the time. She is running a single-threaded job currently and will try to capture the error when it happens.
- Crash after GetHadronicInteraction no model found #108. We decided to close this one as an isolated incident. Sean noted that there may be some issue with the multi-threaded configuration (~40 threads) that Naomi is running.
- Feature request - progress indicator #107. This is on Richard's list.
- Reading in # events and source #105. Also on Richard's list.
- Run number read in from two places is confusing #104. Richard will put the explanation on how the run number is chosen into control.in.
- Skip (in control.in) is ignored #103 Richard fixed this one. We closed it.
- Terminal cleanup? #102. On the list.
- Calorimeter timing mismatch between g3 and g4 #93 Alex will repeat the study with a recent version of the software.
- Hit Energy Agreement #89. This is probably an issue for mcsmear. If so, it should be migrated to the halld_sim issue list. Rebecca Barsotti's work on mcsmear may resolve this.
Pull Requests on GitHub
We went over list, but there were no new requests and therefore no comments.