HDGeant4 Meeting, June 4, 2019
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
- JLab: Shankar Adhikari, Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- UConn: Richard Jones
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
We had a desultory discussion, largely off agenda. Some random notes:
- The SKIP command is now working in both hdgeant and hdgeant4.
- Richard has been working on implementing an intermediate buffer for EVIO reads in DANA. When using XROOTD to read EVIO-formatted raw data files the I/O speed improvement is about factor of 40.
- Thomas has been working with Wes Moore of IT on standing up an XROOTD server on the submit host (scosg16.jlab.org). They have succeeded in streaming random triggers from the submit host to OSG sites. A Really Big Step (RBS).
- We had a rather long discussion about submitting to non-OSG compute resources with OSG methods using the submit host. All agreed that this is desirable. Richard has shown proof-of-principle with his work with Bosco.