HDGeant4 Meeting, September 22, 2020
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
3:00 pm EDT
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Issues on GitHub
- Pull Requests on GitHub
- Action Item Review
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Sean Dobbs, Mark Ito (chair), Naomi Jarvis, Richard Jones, Simon Taylor
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from August 25.
PID matching suggestions based on data/MC comparisons
Sean gave a presentation, previewed at last week's Software Meeting, on data vs. Monte Carlo comparisons beyond those discussed at previous HDGeant4 Meetings. These are related to PID issues and are all present in the context of analysis of specific exclusive events topologies.
The areas identified, illustrated with plots in the main body of the talk, are summarized in his first slide, reproduced below.
There was a lot of discussion on each of the three issues listed. For each of the particles highlighted within the reactions, an analysis was done isolate the efficiency of the particle in question, thus differences in efficiency reported in the slide are single particle efficiencies. The secretary will refer interested parties to the recording for details.
- Widen FCAL γ Δt cut
- Mahmoud Kamel's analysis, starts at 7:25
- Widen TOF Δt cuts
- Colin Gleason's analysis, starts at 20:46
- Ahmed Foda's analysis, starts at 30:03
- Investigate widening BCAL Δt cuts
- Peter Pauli's analysis, starts at 33:03
- Nilanga Wickramaarachchi's analysis, starts at 40:07
Beyond his slides, Sean mentioned a couple of other areas that likely contribute to disagreements between data and Monte Carlo.
- Cuts on the χ2 of kinematic fits.
- Cuts on the total missing mass squared in the reaction.
Issues on GitHub
We reviewed the issues.
- We will ask Igal if Issue #177 (Run number is changing to 10000 for whatever run used) can be closed.
- We will ask Elton if Issue #167 (G4 exceptions for certain run number)
- On Issue #111 (Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4), Richard has an undergraduate student at UConn working on it.
Action Item Review
- Close Issue #177
- Close Issue #16
- Upgrade version of Geant4
- We need a upgraded compiler to upgrade the Geant4 version. To this end, Mark has made progress on the CentOS 8 build. He gets a complete green field build of our software in a singularity container (also build from scratch) without any by-hand operations.