HDGeant4 Meeting, September 7, 2021
Revision as of 19:40, 27 September 2021 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (→Review of minutes from the last meeting)
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
3:00 pm EDT
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Issues on GitHub
- Pull Requests on GitHub
- Meeting time?
- Action Item Review
Present: Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Richard Jones, Churamani Paudel, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Log into the BlueJeans site first to gain access (use your JLab credentials).
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the meeting on August 24th.
- Mark submitted a Service Now Incident Report (SNIR) on the missing package (boost-python36-devel) on sandd1.jlab.org. The pull-request tests started to succeed after the package was installed.
- After the last meeting, Alex went ahead and closed Issue #181: G3/G4 Difference in FDC wire efficiency at the cell boundary.
Issues on GitHub
Went over the issues. closed
- Issue #167: G4 exceptions for certain run numbers. Mark sent email to Thomas Britton and Elton Smith asking whether this issue can be closed now.
- Issue #185: hits in both CALs from the same track. Mark asked Lubomir Pentchev about this one. Lubomir said that it could be closed.
- Issue #187: unknown particle type 50 being generated through interactions. Richard will close this one after the meeting.
- Issue #195: Crash adding daughters on RHEL/CentOS 8. Hao Li first reported this crash in hdgeant4 last week . It comes during set-up of the geometry. Mark had this same crash hidden in his notes from back in March. Mark suspects that this bug only shows up with GCC 8.4 and above. Richard remarked it could be a bug that was always there, but only gets exposed when the compiler version gets high enough.
- Richard is putting together a CentOS 8 Docker container to have a look at Issue #195. We spent some time discussing issues around setting up CentOS to run the GlueX software stack. The "Powertools" repo is key.