Installing EPICS hardware support
- Create a directory, if it does not already exist,$EPICS_BASE/../support/.
- Go to $EPICS_BASE/../support/ and check out the EtherIP source code using mercurial:
- This will checkout the latest version of the source in the repository.
- Alternatively, you can also download a release tar file from sourceforge web site. Untar it in $EPICS_BASE/../support/ and create a soft link to ether_ip.
- Edit configure/RELEASE file to contain only this :
EPICS_BASE=/usr/local/epics/base SHARE=$(EPICS_BASE)/../support ETHER_IP=$(SHARE)/ether_ip
- In Type make, and the library will be created in $EPICS_BASE/../support/ether_ip/lib/$EPICS_HOST_ARCH/ .
- See some more details from the page about the Linux and EPICS installation on a gluon01 server.