JEF meeting, April 2, 2021
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
Attendees: Igal,Tim B.,Tim W.,Sasha,Zisis,Jon,Liping,Susan,Jane,Arshak,Jared,Phil,Bill B.,S.T.
- Still no update from SICCAS regarding delayed delivery schedule and other issues
- Previously: claim delivery of next batch of crystals by June, can deliver full amount (1600) by end of 2022? Not clear this can be done.
- Will follow up in 2 weeks
- Given schedule and budget risks, discussed contingency plans
- Still have 25% tariff added to SICCAS crystal price
- Could purchase CRYTUR crystals to mitigate schedule risk, at ~$140k increase to budget for 286 crystals
- Original FCAL-II upgrade design = 1x1 m^2, current design is 40x40 crystals --> need to run longer to get same experimental sensitivity for rare signals
- Would probably mean going back to PAC to ask for more time
- Sasha met with Hamamatsu rep regarding PMTS
- Company can build as soon as order is placed, can get a price discount for large order (>1000?)
- Lead time is 0.5 year
- Have funds for 600, already have 500
- CCAL refurbishment continues
- Josh C. working on LMS, ready for installation in 2 weeks
- Once done, switch to module construction, with help from Tim W.'s group
- Components for module construction in house:
- 1000 mu-metal shields
- 260 steel shields, 100 expected week of 4/5
- 260 light guides, more expected week of 4/5
- 500 brass pieces
- Bill B. (GW) can join effort to check PMT dividers
- Have students that can work with PMTs at GW (have lab)
- Zisis got paperwork sorted out for doing PMT base studies at U.Regina