JEF meeting, April 23, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 15:59, 23 April 2021 by Staylor (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only


Connection instructions

We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.

  • Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
  • If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
  • If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
  • If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Agenda

  • SICCAS crystals
  • Module fabrication
- Construction Status
  • COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
  • Data analysis
  • Simulations

Minutes

Attendees: Igal,Igor,Liping,Zisis,Jared,Sasha,Tim B.,Phil,Olga,Bill B.,Jon,Jane,S.T.

  • Liping has 2 students interested in coming to lab during summer, but it is not clear that the lab will open for student workers
  • Zisis received shipment from Jlab, ready to perform PMT base tests
    • Can replace components if necessary; Sasha okay with modifications
    • Need to set up similar agreement/paperwork for UNCW and GWU
  • Tim B. to build LED pulse generator board, no students but looking at 2 week time frame to start this work
  • Sasha went over FCAL2 construction steps and schedule
    • Most steps can only be done at the lab, but PMT/base studies can be farmed out to universities
      • Still considering what else can be done off site...
    • Due to limited manpower may need to cut back on QA tests (make transmission tests optional?)
    • Plan to check PMT dimensions, but other checks might not be necessary -- or spot check?
    • Once students can be on JLab site, many steps can be done by them (may need extra care for brazing step)
      • Phil will consider sending students summer next year
    • Estimate can construct 5 modules/day (maybe more with enough training/experience)
    • Schedule: try to complete 50 modules by end of June while the procedure is ironed out
      • By summer '22, 1100 modules? If have full-time technician, 100/month?
        • Get help from detector support group? Also Arshak willing to come (again complicated by MEDCON status of lab)
      • Have 360 crystals on hand, no idea when the next batch from SICCAS will arrive, may need to switch to Crytur
      • 1000 PMT purchase order moving forward
      • Plan for beam tests using pair spectrometer arm during upcoming PrimEx/SRC run, possibly during CPP run next year
        • Caveat for CPP run: they are thinking about using a He bag inside the bore of the solenoid
      • PMT base design moving forward, by end of May? Aim for production in January?
      • LMS current design uses plexiglas a la FCAL, need to check light uniformity -- another task for students? Not needed until next year
      • Disassembly of FCAL and building FCAL2 ~6 months in 2023
        • FCAL Lead Glass modules may need refurbishment/repairs (e.g. wrapping); Zisis will coordinate with Matt