JEF meeting, April 24, 2020
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 188.8.131.52 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- First batch delivered to the Lab -- Sasha
- Preparation for module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Preparations for PAC meeting (jeopardy)
Attendees: Arshak,Igal,Varun,Zisis,Sasha,Jon,Jane,Josh,Susan,Tim B.,Liping,S.T.
- SICCAS crystals: 192 have arrived (132 for us + 60 for Hall C)
- Sasha visually inspected all of them: all look good by eye (no evidence of yellowing)
- Some have chips/issues with chamfer, will need more extensive tests, but gave okay for payment to Shanghai ceramics
- Crystals stored in clean room, ready for further work once the lab reopens.
- New contract with SICCAS is progressing (slight price increase, but also include $50 for Jane's QA)
- Other outstanding items (mu-metal, brass flanges) are starting to arrive at the lab
- Sasha in contact with Fernando and Vlad P. regarding refurbishment of COMCAL electronics -- hopefully this summer?
- PAC preparation: Liping will work on JEF physics update talk, Sasha will work on FCAL-II presentation.
- Summer students: not clear when the lab will reopen and what restrictions will be in place when it does reopen.
- Sasha will talk to Eugene regarding paperwork that can be done before lab reopening