JEF meeting, April 3, 2020
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 18.104.22.168 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Status of the crystal production (SICCAS)
- Preparation for module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Preparations for PAC meeting (jeopardy)
Attendees: Josh, Zisis, Igal, Mike McC., Jane, Tim W., Varun, Jon Z., Liping, Yeranuhl G., Arshak, Tim B., S.T.
- PAC jeopardy
- GlueX experiments are expected to undergo jeopardy review at the next PAC
- JEF is a Run Group experiment expected to run in parallel with GlueX w/DIRC
- Not clear what PAC expects for Run Group experiments, but we will prepare slides anyway -- set internal goal of May 1 with updates next week
- Need simulation with/without DIRC (need to check with Sasha regarding past simulations)
- Need to refresh physics argument (new B-boson limit plot from Sean Tulin?, work on limit estimates for scalar)
- Need to look at backgrounds again; S. T. will resurrect scalar_gen code for 2pi0 background
- What about long-lived particles or invisible decays of B-boson/scalar?
- Status of hardware shipments
- No word on status of SICCAS crystals
- Expect mu-metal shields next week
- Expect 20 light guide samples (cheaper price!) within next 2 weeks
- Brass pieces still pending
- All other hardware pieces needed for module assembly ready to go
- Tim B. mentioned he needs a circuit diagram for a Gaussian function generator
- Coordination between Josh and Fernanda B. with Tim B. underway
- Summer students
- Not clear what the schedule is for lifting MedCon 6 (lab closed), need to find tasks for people to do remotely.