JEF meeting, April 30, 2021

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 13:56, 30 April 2021 by Susansch (Talk | contribs) (Minutes)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only


Connection instructions

We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.

  • Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
  • If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
  • If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
  • If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Agenda

  • SICCAS crystals
  • Module fabrication
  • COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
  • Data analysis
  • Simulations

Minutes

Attendees: Igal,Varun,Sasha,Jared,Arshak,Zisis,Phil,Tim B.,Jon,Liping,Bill,Susan,S.T.

  • No news from SICCAS regarding outstanding crystal order
    • Sasha will send reminder next week and will ask about delivery schedule
    • May want to set up meeting with our SICCAS contact
    • Considering how badly the schedule has been jeopardized, maybe need to discuss with Rolf the idea of getting Crytur to make crystals in parallel
      • Crytur also providing crystals for PANDA
    • NPS has a set of SICCAS crystals they are not planning to use -- can we negotiate to get these if all else fails?
  • 1000 PMTs order more or less finalized
    • Expect 50 PMTS in ~3 months, then 7-8 months to complete the set
    • Don't wish to remove PMTs from COMCAL --> maybe need to order a few 10s more?
  • Chris S. has refurbished ~20 dividers for COMCAL, Sasha checking with LED, doing some high rate testing: stable up to 15 microAmps anode current
    • Don't expect COMCAL version to be final version for FCAL-II
    • Still waiting for new PMT base prototype from Fernando -- time frame is May
  • Module fabrication continues: 8 complete, 2 almost ready
    • Silicon cookies prepared
    • Working on brazing set up: Sasha is not completely happy with quality of brazing, considering outsourcing
      • Still need to order more flanges
    • Clearance for some PMTs (~15%) on hand is a bit tight, but still useable
      • Requirements for NPS not as strict, can work out some kind of PMT exchange?
    • Manpower: Sasha to contact detector support group -- would prefer a dedicated technician
      • Also considering help from Tim W.'s group
  • Igal continues to work on dark scalar search simulations: now looking at S→e+e-
    • Added elasticity to variables used for selection