JEF meeting, April 30, 2021
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- Module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
Attendees: Igal,Varun,Sasha,Jared,Arshak,Zisis,Phil,Tim B.,Jon,Liping,Bill,Susan,S.T.
- No news from SICCAS regarding outstanding crystal order
- Sasha will send reminder next week and will ask about delivery schedule
- May want to set up meeting with our SICCAS contact
- Considering how badly the schedule has been jeopardized, maybe need to discuss with Rolf the idea of getting Crytur to make crystals in parallel
- Crytur also providing crystals for PANDA
- NPS has a set of SICCAS crystals they are not planning to use -- can we negotiate to get these if all else fails?
- 1000 PMTs order more or less finalized
- Expect 50 PMTS in ~3 months, then 7-8 months to complete the set
- Don't wish to remove PMTs from COMCAL --> maybe need to order a few 10s more?
- Chris S. has refurbished ~20 dividers for COMCAL, Sasha checking with LED, doing some high rate testing: stable up to 15 microAmps anode current
- Don't expect COMCAL version to be final version for FCAL-II
- Still waiting for new PMT base prototype from Fernando -- time frame is May
- Module fabrication continues: 8 complete, 2 almost ready
- Silicon cookies prepared
- Working on brazing set up: Sasha is not completely happy with quality of brazing, considering outsourcing
- Still need to order more flanges
- Clearance for some PMTs (~15%) on hand is a bit tight, but still useable
- Requirements for NPS not as strict, can work out some kind of PMT exchange?
- Manpower: Sasha to contact detector support group -- would prefer a dedicated technician
- Also considering help from Tim W.'s group
- Igal continues to work on dark scalar search simulations: now looking at S→e+e-
- Added elasticity to variables used for selection