JEF meeting, August 30, 2019
Meeting time and location= 1:00 pm EST (JLab time) F228
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
China trip report (Sasha)
Attendees: Sasha, Josh, Liping, Simon
- Sasha, Liping and Zhenyu (Jane) visited the Shanghai Ceramic Institute
- Institute looks good visually
- The institute has 2 rooms for growing crystals
- Can grow 2 at time, takes about 3 weeks to grow 30 crystals
- Will operate 4 ovens for our job
- On schedule to deliver first crystals in November
- Institute has test facility for light transmission and light yield with radioactive source
- Will compare our measurement to theirs
- Plan is for Jane to work on QA (visual inspection,...) with the institute
- Working on plan with Rolf and Eugene for paying Wuhan -- service contract?
- Need 2-3 FTEs for assembly,etc. of crystals -- potential for manpower from Yerevan?
- Frame design for FCAL-II underway, progress on insert in global design, plan to stay with existing FCAL frame
- Plan to meet with Tim in next 1-2 weeks
- Small scale prototype for stacking and other tests
- Josh is working on design for single-crystal assembly that will allow placing a set of 12 in a box for study with beam using the pair spectrometer
- Some details still need to worked out
- Brass straps need to be thicker (25 micron -> 50 micron) or maybe make from stainless steel?
- Stress analysis, tests
- Light guide dimensions
- Cookies for crystal-light guide connection -- how much pressure is needed? what material?
- To glue or not to glue LG to PMT? Probably glue.
- Need to build more modules, but Josh first wants to bring first module "best guess design" to completion