JEF meeting, December 18, 2020
Meeting time and location= 8:30 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
- Contributions to next year's April APS/GHP meetings?
- Contributions to 1st workshop on new light physics and photon-beam experiments
Attendees: Jane,Zisis,Jared,Liping,Phil,Sasha,Tim B.,Igal,Bill B.
- Sasha continued the light transmittance measurements: 5 good + 5 discolored
- Two crystals below spec at 360 nm but okay at higher wavelengths
- Agree with SICCAS measurements -- no red flags
- Will try UV curing in January
- Meet with SICCAS representative in January to provide feedback?
- Completed construction of 4 crystal modules, one with PMT
- Rusty-looking module was constructed 6 months ago - should we add a layer of paint?
- Have enough components for 12 modules
- Will be getting assistance from Tim W.'s group for mass production
- Josh working on ESR preshaping -- can do 2 at time in our oven, but Hall C has a larger oven
- Need to check cookie size (we make them ourselves)
- Open question is temperature control for brazing and amount of flux
- Work on procedure in coming weeks
- 25% tariff for crystals still an issue, could impact order of next batch
- May need smaller insert size
- PMT base design converging, tests to measure linearity of amplifier
- Maybe we don't need the 3x amplifier?
- Loan agreement with U. Regina is moving forward