JEF meeting, March 13, 2020
Meeting time and location= 9:30 am EST (JLab time) F226
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Status of the crystal production (SICCAS)
- Preparation for module fabrication
Attendees: Liping, Jon, Phil, Susan, Josh, Igal, Sasha, Zisis, Tim B., S.T.
- SICCAS crystals are currently shipping, in two batches -- good news!
- Once the crystals arrive we will have the materials needed to assemble several full modules
- New contract for crystals is moving forward: in the procurement department
- Expect production rate to be the same
- Company has indicated a price increase. This does not appear to include the money needed for Jane's QA work.
- Last set of PMTs shipped, expected soon
- Vapor polishing of the light guides was brought up as a cheaper alternative to the machine polishing, but we decided to stay with the machine polishing
- Safety documentation has been signed.
- All 28 bases we planned to modify in the COMCAL are ready to go (14 with 3x, 14 with 6x amplification)
- COMCAL has been closed up, all channels work -- plan is to do a TAC run today (3/13/20).
- Plan to install in beam for regular running next week.
- New loan contract with UNCW will be ready to go soon