Difference between revisions of "JEF meeting, March 19, 2021"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only =Connection instructions= <div class="toccolours mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"> We are using [https://cc.jla...")
 
 
Line 25: Line 25:
 
* Data analysis
 
* Data analysis
 
* Simulations
 
* Simulations
 +
 +
=Minutes=
 +
Attendees:  Igal,Sasha,Jared,Phil,Susan,Zisis,Varun,Liping,Bill B.,Tim B.,Jon,Jane,S.T.
 +
* No news on SICCAS crystal production, will try to follow up on lead oxide (raw material) issue
 +
* Sasha emailed CRYTUR about crystal production, received response after the meeting: can produce a small amount in fiscal year 2021
 +
* PMT dividers:  Sasha trying to get Vlad P. and Fernando on same page
 +
** for COMCAL planning to go with divider design with bypassed amplifier, with optional 3x ampliflication
 +
** Sasha will check Vlad's new design with resistor modifications with LED
 +
** Need to have ready for COMCAL refurbishment in/by summer
 +
* Do we move forward with idea of replacing Cockroft-Walton for FCAL lead glass blocks? Can make universal base design for all FCAL
 +
* Liping will work on draft memo to management regarding FCAL-II support
 +
** Try for original 1x1 m^2 insert size?
 +
** Request more beam time if have to go for smaller insert?
 +
** Mention upgrades for FCAL-II Lead Glass HV?
 +
* U. Regina student working with Jon on 2 photon generator for testing island algorithm

Latest revision as of 06:48, 22 March 2021

Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only


Connection instructions

We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.

  • Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
  • If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
  • If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
  • If connecting via Polycom unit:
    • Dial 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
    • Enter meeting ID above

Agenda

  • SICCAS crystals
  • COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
  • Data analysis
  • Simulations

Minutes

Attendees: Igal,Sasha,Jared,Phil,Susan,Zisis,Varun,Liping,Bill B.,Tim B.,Jon,Jane,S.T.

  • No news on SICCAS crystal production, will try to follow up on lead oxide (raw material) issue
  • Sasha emailed CRYTUR about crystal production, received response after the meeting: can produce a small amount in fiscal year 2021
  • PMT dividers: Sasha trying to get Vlad P. and Fernando on same page
    • for COMCAL planning to go with divider design with bypassed amplifier, with optional 3x ampliflication
    • Sasha will check Vlad's new design with resistor modifications with LED
    • Need to have ready for COMCAL refurbishment in/by summer
  • Do we move forward with idea of replacing Cockroft-Walton for FCAL lead glass blocks? Can make universal base design for all FCAL
  • Liping will work on draft memo to management regarding FCAL-II support
    • Try for original 1x1 m^2 insert size?
    • Request more beam time if have to go for smaller insert?
    • Mention upgrades for FCAL-II Lead Glass HV?
  • U. Regina student working with Jon on 2 photon generator for testing island algorithm