JEF meeting, May 22, 2020
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- Preparation for module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Preparations for PAC meeting (jeopardy)
Attendees: Liping, Igal, Zisis, Jane, Sasha, Jon, Phil, Tim B., Josh, S.T.
- Crystal procurement: meetings w/ JLab procurement ~2 weeks ago
- Political situation with China is problematic
- Above $0.5M would need DOE approval to purchase more crystals from SICCAS
- Discussing breaking up order into smaller chunks, green light from physics management
- Procurement looking into alternate vendors (maybe switch to Crytur crystals? More expensive and limited production capabilities...)
- NPS possibly delayed -- arrange some kind of trade with them?
- Base redesign: Sasha's studies indicate inner layers of FCAL-II would draw ~40 micro-Amp, need to reduce below 10 microAmp, so need amplification
- Working with Fernando on redesign, add dip switch to configure amplification? (none, 3x, 6x?)
- Plan to refurbish COMCAL later this year, can use as prototype for FCAL II
- Jeopardy preparation: Liping will work on physics motivation, Sasha will work on FCAL-2 update -- internal deadline: next JEF meeting.
- Will stay with 1 m^2 insert in presentation
- Igal continuing to work on scalar sensitivity
- JLab starting to work on reopening over the next few weeks
- Plan to continue GlueX running in summer with local staff and limited nearby users
- Not clear status of non-local users -- will they be able to come?
- Some activities can take place off-site: once Tim B. can return to UNCW campus, can start work on pulser unit
- Highest priority is checking SICCAS crystals -- will have to be done locally, but can test PMTs in parallel at UNCW.