JEF meeting, Nov 23, 2015
Meeting time and location= 13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327=Connection instructions=
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 184.108.40.206 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Task list updates
Attendees: J. Feng, L. Gan, D. Mack, A. Somov, S. Taylor
- Plans for studying the effect of the fringe field from the solenoid magnet on PMT performance are on hold until a magnet has been identified
- J. Feng presented a draft of a plan File:Mfdatatable.pdf that calls for varying the number of mu-metal layers up to 5 and testing the extent to which the mu-metal sticks out beyond the face of the PMT
- According to Sascha all other parts (preformed mu-metal tubes, PMT, electronics,...) besides the magnet are in place.
- After the meeting Dave M. located a Helmholtz coil in the Hall-B clean room.
- Liping plans to submit a proposal to NSF to partially fund a 10x10 CompCal prototype using crystals from Shanghai Ceramic Institute.
- Dimensions of crystals still need to be finalized -- for the purpose of the proposal, probably go with 2.05x2.05 cm^2 to get quote from Shanghai Ceramic Institute.
- Need to discuss with Eugene how much $ will come from Hall-D/Physics and what will be paid for.
- Progress on simulation has been slow -- S.T. is trying to track down the reason for the apparent low efficiency seen by many people for simulated events.