JEF meeting, October 11, 2019
Meeting time and location= 1:00 pm EST (JLab time) F228
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- CRYTUR crystal QA ( 37 crystals were delivered to the lab ) -- Sascha / Vlad /Josh
- PS test setup -- Josh
Attendees: Josh, Sascha, Zisis, Liping, Simon
- We received 37 out of 64 crystals from CRYTUR (Czech Republic)
- Boxes were damaged but there was no evidence of damage of the crystals
- Checked crystal dimensions with micrometer at 3 positions along the length
- Dimensions of CRYTUR crystals tend to be slightly smaller than SICCAS crystals so far
- Found 5-10 micron level deviations along the length and overall the crystals agreed with the spec to within 25-50 microns
- Visual inspection: all looked good with the exception of one with scratch on one side (still acceptable)
- All were very transparent, with most showing no bubbles, and some having tiny well-dispersed bubbles
- Measured transmission in Carl Zorn's lab: very small spread in sample of 10, higher transmission on average than "typical" SICCAS crystals
- Working on Light Yield measurement setup: Sascha purchased a new 10 uCi Na22 source, getting 1 KHz DAQ rate
- Idea is to check ~10 crystals with some measurements along the length
- Fabrication: plan is to set aside area in TEDF, will need to be lockable and need to purchase shelves. Needs to be fairly clean but not a full-blown clean room.
- Manpower: Arshak from Yerevan will be here for 3 months, possibly 6 months. Hakob can work on strap options and silicone cookie dimensions/materials.
- PS setup in hall: plans are well underway for completion before the run period starts in November
- Plate for 12 crystal assembly is on order
- Fernando Barbosa is taking care of HV/signal cables, connectors
- Would like some degree of vertical adjustment, tilt -- Tim is aware
- Vlad Popov will continue to work on divider modifications, hopefully make several prototypes for testing with COMCAL in hall
- Work continues on increasing light output from COMCAL Light Monitoring system by installing a second LED
- Liping: can we increase uniformity? Sascha more concerned about small amplitudes.
- MRI proposal was rejected by NSF, plan to resubmit next year, Liping needs to pass UNCW internal review first.