JEF meeting, October 30, 2020
Meeting time and location= 9:00 am EST (JLab time) Bluejeans only
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 992533564. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 188.8.131.52 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- SICCAS crystals
- Preparation for module fabrication
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
Attendees: Varun, Jon, Zisis, Sasha, Phil, Liping, Tim B., Jared.
- Sasha was able to use Carl Zorn's lab to do transmittance measurements of 5 crystals
- The crystal with the worst transmission profile happens to be the one that is most brown
- Compare to Shanghai measurements?
- Question: optical restoration test? Maybe use UV light or bake in an oven? Not tried yet.
- We received 165 new SICCAS crystals, QA has already started
- Crystals arrived in boxes of 20 -- maybe too many per box? Concern from Sasha about damage, but first 2 sets of crystals seem fine.
- First 40 crystals mostly look good -- more or less within spec for dimensions except thicker in the middle relative to the ends by about 30-40 microns
- Two suspicious crystals in first box.
- Temperature control for brazing being developed; finalizing setup
- Problem with 2 dividers that did not work during beam test traced to socket
- Work is proceeding to finalize design. Plan for Zisis to participate in PMT divider effort.
- Igal generated millions of simulated events for JEF studies: Mailing list message