JEF meeting Dec 1, 2014
Revision as of 14:01, 31 March 2015 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "/halldweb1.jlab.org/" to "/halldweb.jlab.org/")
Meeting time and location
13:30 EST (JLab time) CC F326-327
We are using BlueJeans Video/Audio conferencing. Our meeting ID number is 370588741.
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Task list updates
- Key performance parameters from commissioning run (discussion) (Dave)
Attendees: ST, Liping Gan, Dave Mack, Jing Feng, Bill Briscoe, Yu Zhang
- We briefly touched on the task list. There has not been much movement there; Bill Briscoe mentioned that they at GWU are still waiting for a reply from DOE regarding their new grant proposal.
- We spent most of the time going over the status of our understanding of the GlueX detector with some emphasis on what we need for the JEF program. In particular we need to understand the dEdx in the CDC, because detecting the recoil proton is a key part of the analysis of the eta channels. Good progress has been made in this regard after reconstruction of some of the commissioning run data. We also need to understand the tracking in the FDC and the performance of the FCAL for the 3-pion program. A pi-zero peak has been seen in the FCAL, but nothing beyond a very rough calibration to set the energy scale has been done.
- Liping mentioned that she will be visiting Peking University during the winter break.