Jan 25, 2011 Calibration/Monitoring
Teleconference Time: 09:00 CST (Regina) / 10:00 EST / 17:00 GMT+2 (Athens)
- ESNET preferred, EVO as a backup
- Monitoring R&D issues for the relative gain calibration and monitoring system for the calorimeters and possibly other detector systems.
- Calibration Specifications Table for BCAL, FCAL, TOF and START
- Calibration and Monitoring System Meetings Previous minutes
- Why was the dynamic range of the APD tested over 20-450? Where there intrinsic limitations? Can it be extended to form a ratio of 400?
- Can George calculate the % deviation from linearity on his plot?
- Can George verify that the two-setting operation (low bias for near, high bias for far SiPM flashing) is feasible?
- What is the approximate power dissipation for each board? (Just LPM since LPCM will be further away).
- Zisis will bounce another idea for the one-setting operation mode.
- USM should be contacted to send more LGs to Athens (and eventually Regina).
- Review goals/objectives of Monitoring system and past discussions.
- George Voulgaris' slides: Media:AnswersaboutLED.pdf
- Discuss Matt's suggestion: groove in light guides, radial fibres. (sent as email)
- Summarize info, prepare recommendations and discuss it in Working Group to reach conclusion and proceed with Athens Construction MOU (decision by May 2011).
Attendees: Christina (Athens), Elton (JLab), Zisis (Regina)