January 14, 2009 Software

From GlueXWiki
Revision as of 13:09, 11 February 2009 by Davidl (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  1. Review minutes from December 17, 2008 Software meeting
  2. Announcements
    • Anonymous svn checkouts
  3. Offline software agenda for Collaboration meeting
  4. Discussion: Detector element numbering
  5. Start counter geometry update (Seema)
  6. Action Items

Participating

Location

The meeting will be at 14:00pm in Cebaf Center F326.

Telephone

To connect by telephone: 1.) dial:

800-377-8846 : US
888-276-7715 : Canada
302-709-8424 : International

2.) enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")

Video Conferencing

We will attempt an EVO connection for this meeting. We have a reasonable expectation that this will work.


Minutes

Attendees: David L. (chair), Elton S., Simon T., Mark I., Alex S. Phone/video: Matt S., Seema D., Claire, Ryan M.

Announcements

  • After announcing that the world, public, anonymous access to the Hall-D subversion repository was finally working, it was suggested that we look into making some part of it (namely "docs") require authentication on checkout since it may contain non-public info.

Collaboration Meeting Agenda

  • It was decided to add Claire to the schedule for the Offline Software session of the collaboration meeting.
  • Mark or Simon (turns out Simon) would give an overview on Tracking software at the collaboration meeting
  • David would give an update on overall software status

Detector Element Numbering

It was briefly discussed and then agreed to follow Elton's suggestion that the number schemes used for the individual detector systems be made such that they increase with the coordinate direction. In other words, detectors at larger x values in the lab coordinate system will have larger id values as well. The 2 detectors that currently violate this are the FCAL and the TOF. Mihaijo volunteered to make the appropriate changes to the XML and source code to effect this change. Beni (not present at the meeting) would be asked to update and repost the note he circulated earlier describing the numbering systems.

Start counter geometry update

Seema gave an update on the start counter simulations. She presented some preliminary results on rates. After some discussion an error was discovered in her number that made it 1000 times too small (Seema reported it as kHz when it should have been MHz). Alex noted that the corrected number seemed in agreement with his earlier MC studies. Seema also note that there were a lot of empty events. This is not entirely consistent with the expected default behavior which is to not write out events that have no hits. Seema would look at this again.

Seema's studies used a 40 counter geometry. She will put this in the repository once it has verified been verified.


Action items

  • Make "docs" area of subversion repository require authentication on checkout - David
  • Update FCAL numbering scheme to match new policy of increases numbers with increasing lab coordinate - Mihaijlo
  • Update TOF numbering scheme to match new policy of increases numbers with increasing lab coordinate - Alex O.
  • 40 counter start counter geometry XML in repository

Next Meeting

TBD