January 27, 2014, Physics Working Group
Meeting Time and Place
The meeting will be on Monday January 27, 2014 at 11:30am EDT. For those people at Jefferson Lab, the meeting will be in room F326.
To connect from the outside:
Call ESNET Number 8542553 (this is the preferred connection method).
A conference has been booked from 11:00am until 1:00pm (EST).
3.) Phone: (should not be needed)
+1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada +1-303-248-0285 : International then use participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone) or www.readytalk.com then type access code 3421244 into "join a meeting" (you need java plugin)
- Data Challenge Update
- Collaboration Meeting February 20-22, 2014.
- Updates on Physics Analyses
- Cascade Studies (Kei Moriya) - supplementary files for Ξ K K and Ξ(1820) KK
- Track Reconstruction Efficiencies for various channels ("spiral" plots are with the now-current code) (and the CDC track-finding algorithm)
Notes from the Meeting
- Conclusions from Kei Moriya's Cascade studies: The numbers (acceptances, yields, etc.) are essentially consistent with the numbers in the PAC proposal. Differences for the Ξ(1820) can be explained by the different t-slopes used in the simulations (Nathan Sparks vs. Kei). The increased acceptance of almost a factor of four for the Ξ ground state appears to be due to improvements in the tracking code.