Difference between revisions of "Jul 30, 2015 Calorimetry"

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
(Minutes)
Line 78: Line 78:
 
#* Code was tested yesterday and plans to push changes to git soon.  
 
#* Code was tested yesterday and plans to push changes to git soon.  
 
#* Will: Considerations for eliminating negative hits from the clusterizer are under discussion. Encountered some problems with git branches and forks.
 
#* Will: Considerations for eliminating negative hits from the clusterizer are under discussion. Encountered some problems with git branches and forks.
#* David: Suggested process is to check in changes to a local branch, push to main (master) repository, then send a pull request. See [[GlueX Offline FAQ#Git]]
+
#* David: Suggested process is to check in changes to a local branch, push to main (master) repository, then send a pull request. See [[GlueX Offline FAQ#Git]] and [[Conversion from Subversion to Git]]
 
#* Suggestions/comments regarding git should be sent to Mark Ito for dissemination through offline wiki pages or other documentation.
 
#* Suggestions/comments regarding git should be sent to Mark Ito for dissemination through offline wiki pages or other documentation.
 
# Calibration
 
# Calibration

Revision as of 14:07, 30 July 2015

Video Conferencing Information

Meeting Time: 11 a.m.

  1. To join via a Web Browser, go to the page [1] https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
  2. To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 199.48.152.152 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
  3. To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
    • US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
    • US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
  4. Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
  5. More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.

Participant Direct Lines

  • JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
  • JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
  • Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
  • Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947

Action Items

  1. Change BCAL and FCAL coordinates use the global coordinate system (not the target center). Action of this item is under discussion

References

  1. FCAL HDFCAL log book
  2. BCAL HDBCAL log book
  3. BCAL Action Items and Working Tasks

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Run preparations
  4. FCAL Update
  5. BCAL Update
  6. Calorimetry F250 Firmware Discussions
  7. Reconstruction and Simulation
  8. Calibration
  9. Any other business
  10. Testing

Minutes

Attendees: Manuel, Jon, Adesh, David, Elton (JLab); Will, Mike (CMU); George, Christina (Athens); Zisis, Noemi, Ahmed, Tegan (UofR)

  1. Announcements
  2. Action Items
  3. Run preparations
  4. FCAL Update
    1. Bases, firmware updates (Jon)
      • Hovanes is checking new firmware updates
      • Find bad bases in the detector that are corrupting other bases during bootloader uploads.
      • About 40 bad pmt bases found in the detector. Manuel: This problem encountered during installation and no fix determined, but Dan might be able to shed some light on it.
      • Even after reprogramming, the "bad" bases remain bad after reprograming.
      • Bad bases will be replaced next week and shipped back to IU for Paul to investigate problem.
    2. Analysis
      • Adesh: Changing focus to work on simulation with the goal to find the expected resolution from Monte Carlo.
      • Jon: Still plans to investigate FCAL efficiencies using various data samples including: omega-> pi0 gamma, omega-> pi+pi-pi0, pi0pi0p exclusive, pi0 p exclusive.
  5. BCAL Update
    1. BCAL Efficiency (Ahmed)
      • There have been some indications for phi dependence in the efficiencies, and discrepancies in layer 4
      • Christine: How to undertand efficiencies for layer 4 if tracks may stop in layer 3. Suggest selecting high energy tracks as a way of enhancing the probability for penetrating to layer 4.
      • David: Notes that the emulation code using mode 8 does not duplicate what is in the firmware for mode 7. Plans to submit some changes to the code to make them more compatible.
      • Elton: Layer 4 will be complicated to understand. Suggest that the focus be on differences between mode 7 and mode 8 efficiencies for layers 1-3.
      • George: Comments that the veff determination shows a layer dependence, not a phi dependence except for cosmics in the bottom half of the detector.
      • Will: does the phi modulation without energy selection in FCAL look the same as with an energy cut? Not yet investigated this.
  6. Calorimetry F250 Firmware Discussions
  7. Reconstruction and Simulation (Tegan)
    • Added tdc to the digiHit information in the simulation (similar to what was already included for adc hits)
    • Found that hdgeant was outputting negative times and an adjustment was needed to make them positive, as raw data only has positive integers.
    • Code was tested yesterday and plans to push changes to git soon.
    • Will: Considerations for eliminating negative hits from the clusterizer are under discussion. Encountered some problems with git branches and forks.
    • David: Suggested process is to check in changes to a local branch, push to main (master) repository, then send a pull request. See GlueX Offline FAQ#Git and Conversion from Subversion to Git
    • Suggestions/comments regarding git should be sent to Mark Ito for dissemination through offline wiki pages or other documentation.
  8. Calibration
  9. Any other business
  10. Testing