July 5,2006 Software
Lehman review comments
From the end-of-review Power Point slides:
- FINDINGS: "Progress on simulation and reconstruction studies of detector performance"
- COMMENTS: "Simulation and reconstruction studies are not yet sufficiently mature to support detector design optimization. Important to ensure that physics requirements are met"
- RECOMMENDATIONS: "Continue development of full detector simulation and reconstruction with goal of validating the detector designs meet physics performance requirements for Halls B and D"
Remember phase I reconstruction plan: http://www.jlab.org/~davidl/HallD/Presentations/2005_11_11_SoftwareSummary
CDC and FDC acceptance via HDGeant
see the latest design report Chapter 10 ppg. 13-21.
PAC 30 Computing Requirements
DANA -> JANA update
Major revision is being done on jana-branch branch
- Introduction of JEventSourceGenerator and JFactoryGenerator classes allow Hall-D
specific code to go into DEventSourceHDDMGenerator and DFactoryGenerator subclasses.
- Extract_HDDM() methods moved from factories to DEventSourceHDDM class. This makes
a more extensible system that will also make it easier to implement DEventSourceEVIO and anything Hall-B chooses to implement.
- Header files moved from src/libraries/include to src/libraries/PACKAGE. Thus, headers from
outside packages use package name. e.g.
- Factory naming scheme changed.
- Geometry system still needs to be sorted out.