List of FCAL Beamtest Electronics
Revision as of 14:21, 3 November 2011 by Kmoriya (→Summary of necessary electronics and spares available at IU)
- Bertan 313B High Voltage Supply (pdf) - high voltage supply for remote trigger
- Phillips 726 ECL/NIM/TTL Translator - final translation of NIM signal to TTL for input into fADC
- LeCroy 429A Logic Fan-In/Out (II) - Use top channel for OR of 4 VETO counter signals. This will then go into the VETO signal in the LeCroy 365AL Dual 4-Fold Logic. The middle and bottom channels should be used as the 3-way OR of the horizontal and vertical trigger signals, respectively. The front panel switch should be set to "4x4" so that the 3 channels are all independent of each other. Note that for simplicity of electronics, we take the OR of the 4 outside VETO counters, and input them as the VETO into the final trigger signal.
- LeCroy 621L Quad Discriminator - discriminator for 4 outside VETO counters
- LeCroy 623B Octal Updating Discriminator - discriminator for 6 inside signals and 1 remote trigger
- LeCroy 365AL Dual 4-Fold Logic - Final AND to output trigger signal. Pins should be set to OFF for channels "C" and "D", and the coincidence level should be set at "1". The inputs into the AND will be
- the 3-way OR signal of the horizontal bars
- the 3-way OR signal of the vertical bars
- the 4-way OR signal of the VETO counters should be put in VETO
- LeCroy 429A Logic Fan-In/Out (I) - FAN-OUT of remote trigger into 10 channels for coincidence with trigger modules. The front panel switch should be set to "1x16" so that the output of the discriminated remote trigger is fanned out into all 16 OUTs.
- Phillips 755 Quad 4-Fold Logic Unit - AND of remote trigger and 4 outside VETO counters
- LeCroy 465 Triple 4-Fold Logic Unit (I) - AND of remote trigger and 3 horizontal signals
- LeCroy 465 Triple 4-Fold Logic Unit (II) - AND of remote trigger and 3 vertical signals
Summary of necessary electronics and spares available at IU
- 1 Bertan 313B High Voltage Supply - several spares at IU
- 1 Phillips 726 Level Translator - 1 spare available at IU
- 1 LRS 621L Discriminator (4 channels) - 1 spare 621BL with 1 broken channel at IU
- 1 LeCroy 623B Octal Discriminator (7 channels) - 1 spare at IU
- 1 LRS 365AL Logic Unit (2-way OR + VETO for final trigger) - (using only 1 channel, other channel is free)
- 2 LeCroy 429A Fan-outs - 1 spare at IU
- 1 Phillips 755 Logic Unit (need 4 2-way ANDs channels)
- 2 LeCroy 465 Coincidence Units (need 3 channels of 2-way ANDs on each, 6 total) - 1 spare available at IU, 1 channel needs output to be less than 100 ns.