MEDCON6 Shutdown Plan
Based on the
File:HCO - Hall D Electronics Hall D Shutdown Checklist.pdf File:HCO - Hall D Mechanical Hall D Shutdown Checklist.pdf File:HCO - Hall D Solenoid Hall D Shutdown Checklist.pdf File:HCO - ENP Target Hall D Shutdown Checklist.pdf
1. Ensure that both H2 tanks are valved off 2. Turn off the turbo station that is pumping on the OVC 3. Turn off the pulse tube compressor and kill power at the service disconnect
1. Solenoid is powered down 2. Cryogenics is secured for the shutdown.
Note* Before each shutdown, it should be determined by the detector system owner (Physicist) as to how to secure the experimental systems. Below we indicate the desired status for a SAD when no personnel are expected to monitor the equipment. However, the system may be left in a different state if it is determined that it is safe and appropriate. A log entry should indicate the status of the system.
5. Thin window guards 1. Tagger window shutter lowered 2. Reinstalled in Collimator Cave 3. Reinstalled on Pair Spectrometer 4. Reinstall on FCAL beampipe Vacuum status. 1. Goniometer pump ON/OFF 2. Tagger pump ON/OFF? 3. Beam line valve VBV5H00 closed (and disconnected) 4. Beam line pump from Tagger to Collimator Cave ON/OFF 5. Collimator Cave beam line under vacuum? YES/NO 6. Valve VBV5H03 OPEN/CLOSED 7. Pair Spectometer pump ON/OFF 8. Solenoid and distribution box pumps ON/OFF 9. FCAL platform beam pipe vacuum status VACUUM/ATMOSPHERE Cooling 1. Fan on microscope ON/OFF 2. BCAL Chillers ON/OFF (Nominal for shutdown 64 degF) 3. FDC Chiller ON/OFF 4. Blower CDC ON/OFF Turn off Tagger NMR probe Make a log entry with status of windows, vacuum and cooling Ramp down Solenoid, Turn off Solenoid Power Supply and stop recording PXI data Ramp down pair spec magnet, turn off power supply. . Ramp down sweep magnet, turn off power supply. 10. Record status of this checklist into Logbook (HDLOG) 11. Enter HDLOG "Link" to HCO comment block
Note that before each shutdown it should be determined how to secure the experimental systems. Below we indicate the desired status for the winter shutdown when no personnel is expected to monitor the equipment. However, the system may be left in a different state if it is determined that it is safe and appropriate. The log entry should indicate the status of the system.
Secure for shutdown 1. Radiators retracted 2. Profile monitor retracted 3. Collimator in blocked position 4. TPOL converter retracted 5. PS convertor retracted 6. COMPCAL retracted 7. TAC retracted Magnet power supplies OFF 1. Tagger (controlled by accelerator) 2. Sweep 3. PS 4. Solenoid Detector Power Status: ON / OFF 1. BCAL (LV, bias) 2. CDC (HV, LV) 3. FCAL. [Note: Usually the Anagate supplies are left ON. But to turn off, first hit the crash button near the door, then power off the connection boxes (on the back) and the power strip on the front.] 4. CCAL 5. FDC (HV, LV) 6. PS, PSC 7. TAGH 8. TAGM 9. TOF 10. ST (Bias, LV) 11. Beam line Voltages (Active Target, TAC, halo) 12. TPOL Drift Chamber gas 1. Lower gas flow 2. Bypass alcohol bubbler Keep Power ON 1. All computers, switches, control modules 2. Accelerator crates (US1-1, US1-2) Crate Power ON 1. VXS, VME Hall D. 2. Set crate fan speeds of shutdown. Usually, turn off temperature feedback and set fans to constant fan speed. See BCAL expert documentation at Barrel_Calorimeter_Expert#Crate_temperature_feedback 3. VXS, VME Tagger building Record status in the Log book. Record link to log book entry in checklist comment
- Cryo: keep magnets cold and full at 4k, set current to 0, park targets. Cryo in comms with Tim.
- Magnet: Tim
- Power down, secure cryo
- Target: Chris Keith
- DIRC: Discussion with Justin and Tim. Would prefer to keep full and flowing. Keep
- Mechanical on call (will it be possible?) Eugene: we must assume no maintenance. Ask Javier.
- Detectors: Lubomir needs access.
- Magnet: Tim
- Need gas. Cut flow in half, should have 5 weeks of gas. Bypass the alcohol bubbler.
- BCAL: drain and flush with nitrogen
- Training site managers on Hall D operations.
- Computers on
- DAQ Crates OFF, control crates ON
- Accelerator crates control PS, AC and vacuum. ON
Names for everything