MIT/FutureGrid Data Challenge 2 Production
- MIT Reuse Cluster providing 17 blades x 8 = 136 cores currently.
- FutureGrid project currently providing us with ~200 cores at various sites:
- University of Chicago
- Indiana University
- UC San Diego
- University of Texas - Austin
- VMs launched using tools developed with the FutureGrid project using OpenStack technology, exploring the distributed cloud computing model.
- All VMs monitored via Ganglia at http://reuse37.lns.mit.edu
- Running smoothly for the last week with 300+ cores
- Only running jobs for 9001 thus far:
- ~5K jobs complete with 25K events each -> ~125M events produced in 1 week
- May get access to ~100 more cores on FutureGrid
- Will run jobs for 9002 and 9003 on those and/or adjust some of the nodes currently in use
- Some (monthly) maintenance on FutureGrid sites this past week slowed us down a bit.
- We're up to a total of 344 cores now, running both 9001 and 9002.
- Possibility of ~100 more next week. will run 9003 on these, or switch some of the current VMs.
- Back to running smoothly after maintenance last week
- One FutureGrid site requested we slow production so other users could have some more cycles
- Slides on cloud development from all hands meeting Jan Balewski @ OSG
- Data from all three run numbers (9001-9003) now available on Northwestern's SRM Sean's e-mail