Mar 21, 2019 Calorimeter
Meeting Time: 11:00 a.m.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084 (usual room)
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947
Goals for Calorimetry Group
- Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
- Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at east 5 MeV.
- Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
- Complete Calorimeter work packages
- BCAL: Check pulsing rate of LED triggers when FP trigger bit is missing (start with early runs in fall 2018). With discerning software, check pulsing rate of later runs where it appeared that the downstream FP LED bit was not firing. (Ahmed)
- BCAL: Check that latest gain ratios are uploaded for spring 2018 (Mark).
- From Mike's work: -cos(phi) type dependence in the data and a phi dependence at the downstream end of the bcal. See Sep 21, 2017 Calorimeter Meeting.
- FCAL: It has been noticed that the pi0 mass shifts when the LED pulser runs at high rate. This is still not understood. See Log Entry 3595928 and references. Several runs have been taken in raw mode. These runs exhibit the shift in pi0 mass with LED running at 1 kHz. There is a need to analyze these to try to determine the cause:
- 50634 - FCAL Green LED: 1kHz, 29 V, Livetime is 9%, 1.7 M events
- 50635 - FCAL Violet LED: 1kHz, 22 V, Livetime is 9%, 1.4 M events
- 50636 - FCAL Blue LED: 1kHz, 15 V, Livetime is 9%, 1.5 M events
- Action Items
- Tolga: Will briefly update on FCAL pedestal code project for group's information. Was focused on later agenda item so I did not produce updated plots today. Talk: https://halldweb.jlab.org/DocDB/0039/003939/001/FCALPEDESTALa.pdf
- Run Updates
- Reconstruction and Simulation
- GlueX-doc-3852 HDGeant, HDGeant4 cal systematics (Richard)
- The work above should be reconciled with this log entry: 
- Tolga: Wants to discuss if reopening photon/neutron separation analysis is viable to potentially study calorimeter response for a couple neutral channels that I am looking at. Slides: https://halldweb.jlab.org/DocDB/0039/003938/001/AN%20N%20CAL.pdf
- GlueX-doc-3875 Cal Efficiency using the CosThe Method (Elton)
- NIM articles
- Any other business
Tolga: The Pedestal code is located here, modifications to FCAL_online plugin: /w/halld-scifs17exp/terbora/JEventProcessor_ped_test.cc It is broken now, but I am making corrections as I speak and the file will be cloned there as I go.