Mar 24, 2011 Calibration/Monitoring
Revision as of 08:03, 24 March 2011 by Elton
Teleconference Time: 08:00 CST (Regina) / 10:00 EDT / 16:00 GMT+2 (Athens)
- Connection: ESNET
- Monitoring R&D issues for the relative gain calibration and monitoring system for the calorimeters and possibly other detector systems.
- Calibration Specifications Table for BCAL, FCAL, TOF and START
- Calibration and Monitoring System Meetings Previous minutes
- Can George calculate the % deviation from linearity on his plot?
USM should be contacted to send more LGs to Athens: Athens has requested 15 units, 12 for one side and 3 for the opposing side of the baby cal. Regina is working on its request.
- Christina will probe Kapos for cabling and other board issues.
- MoU Progress
- Monitoring system concepts
Attendees: Christina (Athens), Elton (JLab), Zisis (Regina)
- MoU Progress
- Elton has been pushing the MoU through the concurrence stage at JLab.
- Christina identified the officer who will read the MoU before the Vice Rector signs it and that person is expecting the MoU.
- Monitoring system evolution: (See Elton's email of March 15, 2011)
- Elton's email discussed modifications to monitoring system in order to use CAN bus system (same as for FCAL HV setting) and daisy-chaining. Experience exists within Hall D group.
- Changes suggested now seem to require prototyping at the € 8,000 level. Elton is pursuing a source of funds.
- Kapos will join us in a subsequent meeting to discuss all issues related to cables, etc.
- Fibre layout: Zisis will work with Dan to come up with a sketch which Elton will pass on to Chuck for inclusion in the drawings. (IDEAS dxf file format).
- Use 2 x 0.5mm fibres on each LED so that we have 4 SiPMs viewing 2 LEDS (increase redundancy). This idea is in principle decoupled from the board design, Question: how complex will the assembly be since the two fibres go to adjacent LEDs?
- Monitoring system concept is mature enough to be presented to CAL WG on Tuesday, March 29. We will work on a proposal to show to the group.