March 22, 2013 PID Upgrade
Meeting Time and Place
Friday March 22, 2013 at 1:30pm
To connect from the outside, please use ESNET or SeeVogh
- ) ESNET: 8542553
- ) SeeVogh: A conference has been booked under "GlueX PID Upgrade" from 1:00pm until 3:00pm (EDT).
- ) To phone into an SeeVogh meeting, from the U.S. call (626) 395-2112 and then enter the EVO meeting code, 155025.
- ) To use the SeeVogh Java script use the SeeVogh link.
- Recently the prospect of reusing the BABAR DIRC at GlueX was discussed due to the cancellation of SuperB
- Review of previous design ideas: 3 sigma pi/K separation up to 4.5 GeV with improved angular resolution
- Yi sent a summary of the use of DIRC bars in GlueX to Rolf and plans to submit an LDRD for possible readout alternative to MAPMTs 
- Suggestion to include DIRC performance in BDT analysis to understand expected impact
PAC Channels Analysis:
- Results of studies for the 4 channels from the previous PAC proposal with and without the threshold cherenkov detector presented
- Suggestion to get efficiency numbers for different purities of 0.9, 0.95, 0.99...
- Useful to study interesting signatures in the data where higher purity is required
- Matt raised the concern that resolutions may be too optimisitc in current simulation compared to those expected from experiment
- The impact of a CKOV may be considerably higher if kinematic constraints loosened
- Idea is to study this by smearing of kinematic variables to simulate more realistic resolution
- After the meeting Mike pointed out that this PYTHIA sample only contains photons from the coherent peak, but backgrounds could in principle be from lower or higher energy photon interactions which are incorrectly matched to a coherent peak photon in the tagger
- Could produce smaller simulation samples to study background contributions from these regions outside the coherent peak