Mattione Update 08212013
- Wrote new CDC Track Candidate code to try to do a better job of reconstructing low-momentum track spirals.
- Currently debugging/testing, extremely preliminary results are below.
Track Candidate Reconstruction Samples
- All events have one π+ thrown at p = 150 MeV/c, θ = 90 degrees, φ = random.
- Note: When tracks are drawn, energy loss is not taken into account.
|Event #||Truth Hits||Reconstructed Hits||Current (08/20/13) Code Track Candidates||Spiral Code Track Candidates||# Candidates: Current / Spiral|
|Event 1||4 / 2 (extra in spiral is NaN)|
|Event 2||4 / 1|
|Event 3||8 / 1|
|Event 17||9 / 1|
- 1000 events, all with one π+ thrown at p = 150 MeV/c, θ = 90 degrees, φ = random.
- # Track Candidates
- # Time-Based Tracks (with PID = π+)
- Average Event Reconstruction Rate:
- Current (08/20/13) Code: 7.5Hz
- Spiral Code: 17.5Hz
- Track Candidates: Δp/p
- Track Candidates: Δθ
- Track Candidates: Δφ
- New spiral code almost always chooses the correct spiral arm!! (and thus gets the correct charge)
- Track Candidates: ΔVertex-Z
- % of events with at least one track that is "roughly close" to the thrown parameters:
- "Roughly Close": p within 20%, θ within 15 degrees, φ within 30 degrees, Vertex-Z within 10cm
|Stage||Current (08/20/13) Code||Spiral Code|