- Instructions for Bluejeans meeting connection
- Meeting ID: 290664653
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/290664653.
Thu 3/25/2021 2pm
- Detector related reports
- Naomi described the modification to mcsmear in halld_sim branch nsj_extend_3_3mm which Peter is presently testing. Instead of using one line segment to suppress the hit amplitude at DOCA>1mm, a second line segment was joined to the first at dmax (the max DOCA used for dE/dx), and then extended to reach 0 at dmax+3.3mm. The extra distance (3.3mm) was obtained by extrapolating a fit from dmax to dmax+1mm and then projecting it to 0. The results did not show any strong dependence on run or on DOCA, so the mean of the results for all of the runs was taken. The hit efficiency calculated with the new mcsmear shows much better agreement with data for the few runs tested than was obtained previously.
- We talked shortly about the FDC efficiency vs drift time as discussed in the Geant4 meetings. Lubomir plans to simulate it using Garfield. Latest results from the gas measurements show much higher Oxygen contamination or Argon in the second package (0.3%) compared to the first one (0.02%). Possible explanations are high contamination (unlikely) or much lower flow due to problems with the MFC of the second package.
- There's progress with the large-scale GEM-TRD prototype - finalizing parameters, budget.
- Starting from the "gap" calorimeter we discussed all possible and impossible detector upgrades for GlueX.