Monitoring using Nagios
We will probably be using RHEL5 or RHEL6 for online computers behind a firewall. I tried installing nagios on Linux box somov-l1 which was on the 36-subnet. The installation using sudo yum install nagios failed because RHEL5 does not include nagios. Then I downloaded an RPM epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm and installed it, which added Fedora EPEL repositories to the /etc/yum.repos.d directory on somov-l1 Linux-box. But because there was not access to the Fedora mirror list or the mirrors I was not able to do the installation.
- Asked CC to include http://download-i2.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/ to the proxy whitelist.
- Added "proxy=http://jprox:8082" to /etc/yum.conf file.
- Changed the mirror list in the /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo file to "baseurl=http://download-i2.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch".
- Did sudo yum install nagios
- Did sudo yum install nagios-plugins-all
Well, the RPM installation worked.